#3 CH: He gets you a pet

* Note that in this imagine/preference you live with him. 

'We should get a dog.' Calum said casually as he sat down by my feet on my sun bed in the backyard. 'What?' I said immediately waken up from my daze by his statement. 'I think we should get a dog.' he said once again shrugging his shoulders and starting to rub my feet. 'Yes, I got that, but what?' I said once again sitting up straighter and he started grinning. Calum and I had been talking about getting a puppy for ages since we both immensely love dogs but it always ended up with a no, we shouldn't do it, it is a lot of work and we are not sure we have enough time for it. 'Well, I've been thinking lately...' Calum started, 'I know our discussions always end with a no but I'd really like to get one, I really think we can do it and have enough time for it.' 'Ok...' I said doubtfully. 'Plus, I like the idea of you not being completely alone when I'm away for work.' he stated. 'Aaaah, so that's the reason?' I playfully said hitting his upper arm and he laughed. 'But what do we do with him/her when we both are away? Dump it at your parents?' I questioned and he looked at me. 'First of all, you don't 'dump' a dog anywhere, second, my parents would love it and third, maybe you can take him with you from time to time.' 'Travel with it? On an actual plane and stuff?' 'Well yeah' Calum shrugged, 'Plenty of people do it and the boys wouldn't mind a dog around either.' 'Ok.' 'So is that a yes? Can we get one?!' Calum looked at me with this joy in his eyes that makes me incredibly happy. 'I guess we can.' 'Yay!' he cheered putting his hands in the air and giving me a peck on the lips. 'But we have to take care of it really well, keep our promises to it and not let it down, ok?!' I said, still slightly worried and he nodded. 'Promise' he said sticking out his pinky and I locked mine with, his laughing at his childlike behaviour, 'Promise.'

'So, what breed should we get?' I questioned Calum and he shrug. 'Really? That is not helping you know.' I stated and he laughed. 'I wouldn't mind any breed love, as long as it's cute and cuddly I'm good.' 'Still not helping' I sighed plopping back down on my sun bed. 'Ok, ok, I'll grab my laptop and we'll look at breeds and decide on one ok?' he said already getting up and walking inside. 'Ok, so what kind of breeds do you like?' he asked sitting back down and opening up his laptop, 'We can start with checking those out.' 'Well, I don't want a lap dog, I want a real, strong looking one, like a German shepherd.' I started and Calum nodded, typing german shepherd on his laptop and clicking on the page that listed their traits. 'Hmmm..' he said while reading, 'They are kinda known for being defensive...' 'Well, I didn't say I wanted one exactly, just something like it.' and he nodded. 'Wait, they mention something about Swiss white shepherds' and a page opened up with the cutest looking white shepherd. 'Wow. Those look amazing!' I said and Calum nodded eagerly. 'Now, character traits...' he said looking for a link on the page. 'Here we go. Ok. Sensitive, friendly, good with kids, devoted, will to please, intelligent, studious, sounds like a greet breed love!' and I nodded. 'Can I?' I asked pointing at the laptop and he nodded, 'Yes, of course, here you go.' he said handing me the laptop. 'Ok, they love exercise, are hard workers but you do need to socialise them really well.' 'I'm sold.' Calum said and I looked at him over the screen. 'What? They look incredibly cute, like a 'real dog' as you want, what else do you need?' 'Really, we are going to get the first breed we look at?' I questioned him and he laughed. 'Why not? It has everything we are looking for.' he stated and I nodded. 'True.' 'So...?' 'So yes, I guess we'll go look for a Swiss white shepherd then!'

 * Text message(s) on the side as an ending.