Chapter Two

Kurt;

My dad parked in front of the house. It was nice. The outside was white, and it had a big yard. I opened my car door while my parents hopped out of the car. My dad opened the trunk and helped me get my bags out, which wasn't many.

"Be good, baby. We'll be back soon." My mother said, placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled at her before kissing her cheek.

"Be good, Kurt." My dad said, patting my back. I nodded.

As I walked to the door, they drove off. I took in a deep breath and held it a moment before slowly letting it out. I was a bit nervous. I wasn't sure if I'd get along with these guys or not.

I sat my bags down and knocked on the door. I heard running, as if everyone was running to get to the door first. And suddenly, it was opened by a boy with longish dark hair.

"Hi! I'm Dave. You're Kurt, huh?" He said quickly while a few boys stood behind him. I raised my eyebrow. Well isn't this nice.

"Yeah. I'm Kurt." I said as I picked up my bags again. They all stepped inside, allowing me to walk inside. I looked at the boys who were all standing in a roll.

"I'm Chad." The one next to Dave said.

"I'm Krist."

"Layne." The last one said. I looked at him, examining his features and wow was he cute.

His blue eyes were beautiful. His nose was cute. He was just perfect. I definitely have my eye on him. I send a smile toward him, which he returned shyly. How cute.

"Let me show you to your room." Dave said, grabbing my bags.

"No! I will." Chad volunteered.

"No! Me!" Krist said. And the three of them began to argue expect Layne. His name is just perfect. He stood there, rolling his eyes as his three brother's argued.

Eventually, the three agreed that they would just all three go. I suppose Layne wanted to be by himself, because he stayed downstairs.

"This is your room. Layne's is right next to it. And there's a bathroom on the other side." Krist informed me. I nodded and sat down on the bed.

"So, tell me about your brother, Layne." I said. Krist looked over at Dave, while Dave looked at him, while Chad looked at both of them. Confusion was written all over their faces.

"Why do you wanna know about him?" Dave asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. Just wondering."

"Why? Do you like him?" Chad asked.

"Pfft. Noooo. I was just wondering. Geez it's just a question. Why is everyone freaking out?"

Krist shook his head. "It's nothing. He's just... Not ummm..."

"Ummm..."

"Erm..."

The three stood there, struggling for words. They just repeat erm and umm over and over again as if they were thinking, but couldn't think of anything.

"He's not boyfriend material." Chad ended up saying.

"Yeah. His last boyfriend told him he was the worse boyfriend ever." Dave announced. "But I mean, that's never happened to me, so, you know maybe-" And that was when an angry looking Layne walked into the room.

"Really, Dave? Well, maybe not everyone can be as perfect as you!" He yelled. I flinched at his loud words. I hate loud noises.

"Layne, calm-"

"No, Dave! I won't calm down! Why are you still bringing that up, huh? Do you not know how bad that hurts me?!"

"Dave." Krist said strictly. Dave sighed and looked down at his feet.

"Sorry." He mumbled. Layne groaned and wiped his teary eyes with his jumper.

"Sorry doesn't fix everything, Dave." He said before storming out of the room.

What in the montage of heck just happened?

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"It's a long story that Dave knows not to bring up." Chad said, rolling his eyes. I pulled myself off the bed and stretched.

"I'll go talk to him." I said.

"Are you sure? I think-"

I nodded. "I'm sure."

And before they could say anything else I was out the door and going to Layne's room that was next to mine. He sat on his bed, his back facing me. I slowly approached him, sitting in front of him.

"Hey. You okay?" I asked softly, shyly resting my hand on top of his. He nodded.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay."

"You don't seem okay." I whispered. "It's okay to cry."

"I know, but I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore." He whispered before he sniffled. I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

"Thanks. I like hugs." He whispered. I giggled.

"I like hugs too." I whispered in his ear as I pulled away.

"I'm sorry for getting upset." He whispered. I smiled.

"There's nothing to be sorry for, Layne. Hey. You wanna know a secret? I have a full suitcase of candy. But you can't tell anyone. Maybe you can have some."

"Why did you being so much candy?" He asked, chuckling. I shrugged.

"Well, there's something I should tell you. But I can't. Just watch out for my brothers, okay? If they ask you on a date or anything say no, okay?"

I confusingly nodded. "Okay. Besides, they aren't my type anyway."

He smiled. "Good. Now, let's get unpacked. I'll help you."

"Okay."