Chapter 32: Home

A few days after she woke up, Asha left the Infirmary. Aris, Sylvia and Daphne met her outside, Daphne with Saphira. They walked around Ravenwood, which had apparently gone through a lot of remodeling. The giant tree in the middle looked basically the same, plus a few new scars, but the school buildings had changed a lot. They were now a lot bigger than they were, and more decorated to match the kind of magic they taught. People bustled around, and in all, the place looked very cheerful. They met Frisa on their way to Professor Ambrose's office, carrying books to her class.

“Hey Asha!” She said. “Um, thanks for saving my life.”

“You don't have to-”

“No, I want to,” She told Asha. “You're my friend.” They met many other people too, most of whom just smiled and waved at them. They also saw Owen. Asha's eyes widened when she saw him.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“I, um, came here to study,” he said. “It's a pretty good school.”

“I think he came to see you,” Aris teased when he walked away, and Asha blushed.

“Stop it,” She said.

Yeah, he came to see you again, Sylvia teased. The whole universe knows about the battle.

Stop it, Asha told her too.

They also saw Professor Hagiggle, who came out of the Life house when he saw them through the window.

“Dad!” Asha smiled and hugged him.

“Oh Asha,” He scolded her. “I told you that you shouldn't use that spell.”

“Aren't you glad though?” She looked up at him.

“Yes, I'm glad.” He said. Then he said, “Oh, I almost forgot, today is your birthday.” Asha's eyes widened. She had totally forgotten about it, with all the things that had been happening. “Here.” Her dad pulled out a small box.

“It doesn't look big,” Asha joked as she opened it. Then she gasped. Inside there was a beautiful silver locket, and when she opened it, Asha saw an intricate watch inside. She hugged her dad.

“That was your mother's,” He told her. “She wore it every day.” Asha stared at the locket then put it on. When she turned around, Aris and Daphne handed her a box, their own present.

“You guys planned this, didn't you?” Asha smiled and her dad, Aris, Daphne and Sylvia looked guilty. Aris and Daphne gave Asha the next year's study book- (“It's educational-”) and Sylvia topped it off with a large kiss.

Afterwards they walked to Professor Ambrose's office where they met Vex and Ambrose talking. Vex looked at them and his face widened into a large smile.

“Good to see you up and about again,” he told Asha.

“I'm glad to be up and about,” Asha said to him.

“Ahh, you're here.” Professor Ambrose got up from his chair. He looked at her and smiled, making him look a lot younger than he was, even though he had many lines on his face and a long beard.

“You wanted to speak with me?”

“No, I wanted to see if you can still fight like before,” He said. “My own treat to myself. I'm greedy.” Asha smiled.

“You'll have to try harder,” She said. “Much harder.”

“That I will,” He said.

Any other day in Ravenwood, Sylvia sighed.

Yes, Asha said. Our home.

Please comment. It would be a great help to me.