Chapter 14: Mysterious Meeting

Forgiveness is the first step to healing.

“What?” Asha said. She had been walking around the park that afternoon when she heard the voice. She looked around and saw an old man, sitting crisscrossed on a mat by the side of the path. He had his eyes closed, and was wearing baggy clothes.

I see you have been hurt internally.

“Um....”

You must forgive him.

“How do you know about...?”

I see much.

“But.....”

Child, you must forgive him to rid yourself of your pain.

“But how can I.....?”

You will figure it out.” Asha sighed and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, he was gone.

Asha? ASHA! Asha heard Sylvia call from somewhere in the distance. A-S-H-A!!!

You don't have to yell. Asha told her, still mulling over the thoughts in her mind.

Well you won't answer.

What do you want?

Well Asha, I think you should-

I know you think I should get my father to teach me again. Anything else?

Uh, yeah. I'd really like it if you opened the window.

Oh. Asha got up and opened the window. Sylvia flew in.

I do think you should do that too. Sylvia stretched on her blanket. I'll force you to if I have to.

No need to force me. Sylvia's eyes suddenly went wide.

What? I thought I would have to!

I guess I've had a change of heart. Asha sat down criss-crossed on the bed. She told Sylvia about the man in the park.

Then you should go to him right now, Sylvia said. Today was supposed to be a day of training.

All right. Asha said.

Asha knocked on the door to the Life building.

“Come in.” She heard her father's voice. Asha went inside. “Asha?” He seemed surprised to see her.

“Hi.” Asha said. Sylvia nodded slightly by her side. They stood facing each other for a while, looking each other over.

“I.....I'm sorry.” Asha finally said.

“It's not you who should be sorry,” her father said back to her. “I should.”

“Why?”

“I wasn't there with your mother when she died and you were taken. Until I was sent to pick you up on Earth, I had no idea where you were. I assumed that you wouldn't believe me if I told you I thought you were my long-lost daughter.”

“I probably wouldn't,” Asha said, staring at her feet uncomfortably. “Wait, how did my mom die?” She looked up at him.

“She was murdered by her sister.”

“Why would she do that?”

“I don't know.” There was an uncomfortable silence.

“Dad?” Asha tested out the name and Professor Hagiggle gave a little chuckle.

“Never thought I'd be called that.” He said, and Asha went on,

“Dad, I-” But her dad suddenly hugged her. And she hugged him back.

Daphne glanced inside the Life building, and saw Asha and her dad talking and laughing. She smiled, and walked away.