Chapter 31: Death

The orbs seemed to shake with fear as Asha came upon them. She readied her Life leaves to strike, but then, she noticed a orb in the back, growing brighter and brighter.

What is it doing? Asha wondered. Screams came from below and Asha looked down. People were suddenly falling to the ground with terrified screams. Even Dark Nights were screaming, but they didn't fall to the ground; they screamed, shriveled up, and turned to dust. The trees and plants were wilting, and everything else alive quickly fell to the ground and dried up, making the planet suddenly seem like a wasteland. Asha wailed as she saw her friends and her dad fall to the ground. She knew that they had died for some reason.

The orb! She thought. It's killing everything as a final attack!I have to stop it! She reached into the bubble with one of her long branches. Immediately, several of the orbs hooked themselves onto her and started sucking her energy like leeches. She pulled back. Okay, so leaves! She unleashed some leaves into the bubble, hoping that they would hit the now pulsing orb. Other orbs jumped in front of the leaves, committing suicide. Asha unleashed more leaves this time. One by one, the orbs died, but there were still plenty left. Finally the only one left was the glowing orb, which was pulsing harder than ever, trying to kill everything it could before she killed it. Asha imagined that at least half of the planet was dead by now. She unleashed several more leaves and they hit the orb. The spirit wailed and disappeared. Asha fell to the ground in her tree-like state and looked at the damage. Everything, as far as Asha could see, was dead. In the distance, she heard a tree fall to the ground. Everything else was unnaturally silent. Asha's branches and roots shrunk as she returned to her normal form and she fell to her knees.

Everyone's gone, She sobbed. They're all gone. I can't stand it if they're all gone.

“I WANT THEM ALL BACK!” She yelled. “It isn't fair!” She sobbed.

“Winguardiam Lifea!!!”

Suddenly, green slowly came back to the trees. Color came back to everything else. The birds, the small animals, the people, everything that had died from the orb's spell and the battle. Asha slumped against the pavement as the energy was taken from her to save everyone. Her vision soon became blurry from the effort, but she could see people getting up from where they had fallen and she smiled. Then everything went black.

Acacia's bones fell to the ground, and she whispered something. Asha couldn't figure it out, and the same dream repeated itself over and over again. Asha also heard screaming and pleading, though it didn't go with Acacia's bones falling. It went with the time that her mother was killed. Whisper. Whisper. Whisper. It bugged Asha, but she hadn't heard what Acacia had said. She also felt pain; pain she had never felt before. If she was dead, then why did she hurt so much? The pain radiated through her body. She wished it would go away. And the whispering. The whispering. Whispering. The only thing she had gotten out of the whispering was something like: Tank moo, mor moter wud be prow, or something like that. Nothing she could make out. Asha had the feeling that if she figured it out, the nightmare would stop. Figuring what Acacia had said became the first priority. But what would it be? Tank moo, more motors would be proud? No. That didn't make sense. Thank too, thor mothers wed be prowl? Urgh. Thank you, your moter would be prowl? Thank you, your mother would be proud? Yes, that must be it. But why would she say that? Why would her mother be proud of her? She had killed Acacia, her own aunt. From what her dad had told her, her mom didn't like violence at all. It didn't make sense, what Acacia had said. Suddenly a golden light appeared in front of her.

“Asha,” It said, and Asha recognized Acacia's voice, but it was calmer and more peaceful. “Asha, thank you for setting me free.”