Chapter 13: Multi + Family

“Was?”

“She was killed by the Black Dove.” Asha saw tears in her eyes. “The Black Dove didn't want anyone in her way, and, my mom was.”

“I never knew my mom or dad.” Asha said. “I was always stuck on Earth with my aunt.”

“You were probably born here in Magix, though.” Aris said. “There are other planets, but not many of the people there decide to come here to learn. They have their own schools.”

“I'm sorry about your mom.” Asha said.

“Don't worry about it.” Daphne said. “Your mom probably met the same horrible fate, and that's why you were brought to Earth.”

I'm sorry about her mom too. Tell her that. Sylvia startled Asha, as she had been silent all this time.

Asha relayed the message to Daphne, and Daphne patted Sylvia on the head.

“Are multis born under a blue moon?” Asha asked, because she had been wondering that since she had read the paragraph. Aris and Daphne looked surprised.

“How do you know that?” Aris asked.

“Wild guess,” Asha made her face go blank.

“What is your birthday?” Daphne asked.

“August 27th.”

“There was a blue moon on that day fourteen years ago!” Daphne said excitedly, “Multis are only born during blue moons!”

“Why?”

“Because a blue moon has special power,” Daphne explained, “It does something to the newborn, but no one knows how or why.” They were silent for a little while.

“So..........” Aris started. “How is Asha going to master her powers if she can't go to the teachers?”

“We'll teach her.”

“What? But we can only do Fire and Water!”

“We can teach her the others, just we'll look at books and teach her the movements, not actually doing it ourselves.”

“Hmm.” Aris seemed to think about it for a little while. “Me teaching Asha.......I don't know.” Asha looked from Aris to Daphne.

“Oh please?” Daphne pleaded. “Asha needs to be taught, and I can't do it all by myself.”

“All right.” Aris sighed. “I guess I'll teach her Fire and,” she shivered at the word, “Death. I don't think you would be able to teach Death very well, Daphne.”

“I guess not,” Daphne smiled, “But I can probably do pretty well with the rest.”

“I guess I'll keep having lessons with Professor Hagiggle.” Asha sighed. “Five more classes......I'm barely keeping up with one.”

“New lesson.” Professor Hagiggle said a while later. “How to damage your opponent mentally. It's hard to do for Life, because we're so focused on a positive way to defeat our opponents. This is pretty advanced, but I think you're ready for it.”

“Okay.” Asha said nervously.

“Now, say Openeocho.”

“Openeocho.” Asha repeated.

“Now, you are going to practice on me.” He sat down. “Try to open my mind to you, but try not to try to look at any of my memories. That will be the hardest part.”

“Openeocho.” Asha said, and closed her eyes. A dark wall appeared in front of her. Mind defenses, Asha thought. She probed the wall for weak points, then she forced her way through. A flood of memories threatened to overwhelm her. She tried to ignore them, but one beckoned to her, forcing her forward. She suddenly entered the memory, trying really hard to get out of it before she saw anything, but finally she stopped struggling, as she had run out of strength. Then she saw why the memory seemed so interesting before. There, through a sphere of water it seemed like, she saw a woman lying in a bed with a baby. A man that looked like a younger Professor Hagiggle was standing next to her.