Chapter 6: The Magic

Five minutes later, Asha went to Professor Hagiggle's classroom.

“Why hello!” Professor Hagiggle said as she walked in.

“Hi.” Asha said.

“I didn't expect you to be here! What a surprise!”

“Liar!” Asha smiled. “You hoped I'd be with you.”

“I confess!” He said, holding his hands up in surrender. “You caught me!” Asha laughed. “Well, I guess we can begin your training!”

“Now,” Professor Hagiggle said a little while later, “To be a complete wizard, you have to understand all the different powers before you can fight them. First, Life beats Death, and Death beats Life. Water beats Fire, and Fire beats Balance.”

“What about Myth?”

“Myth is very powerful. It can beat almost anything if the controller wishes to.”

“Almost?”

“Well, it isn't too powerful against Death, because Death can kill almost all the monsters they summon before they can heal them.”

“Oh.”

“Now, let's practice. First, this is one of your most important spells, the Healing spell. Now, there is a special movement to go with the spell. Just flick your wrist.....that's it, now say healia!”

“Healia!” Asha repeated.

“Good, good. Now, see that dummy over there?” he pointed to the far end of the room.

“Yes.”

“We will practice on that and then I will teach you how to heal yourself. Ready?”

“Healia!” Asha said. A flash of green light sprouted from her hand and hit the dummy.

“Very good!” Professor Hagiggle said, clapping. “Now, this time when you do the wrist movement and say Healia, you push your hands toward your heart. Ready now!”

“Healia!” Asha practiced, pushing the light toward her. It went into her body and suddenly she felt very good and healthy.

“Very good! Now, there is one more spell I want you to learn today before you leave. It is a minor damage spell. Put your hands out in front of you, now, point them at the dummy.” Asha did so.

“Now, say Dimichio!”

“Dimiochio!” A flash of light, and the dummy was nearly destroyed.

“Wow...” Professor Hagiggle stammered. “None of my students have been able to do that much damage with that spell. Well then,” he clapped his hands and the dummy repaired itself- “I suppose that's good for today. Goodbye!”

“Goodbye Professor!” Asha waved and walked out the door. Daphne was waiting for her outside.

“Hey Asha !” she said. “That was cool!”

“Wait, you saw that?”

“Well, yeah,” Daphne said. “I sort of, well, looked through the window.” she looked guilty. “Sorry.”

“It's all right.” Asha said. “It's not a big deal.”

“I can't believe you got the spells right off!” Daphne said excitedly. “It took me weeks to get my first ones right!”

“I still have to practice.” Asha said gruffly. “It could have just been beginner's luck.”

“No,” Daphne decided. “That was not luck.”