Chapter 11: Different

“…....Asha? Asha, wake up!” Asha stirred, opened her eyes, and found Daphne watching her with eyes full of concern.

Aris stood near her, with Sylvia on her shoulder. Asha looked around and felt her head. It was covered in bandages, and throbbed painfully. She was in the hospital building again, lying on a soft bed, with many other people lying next to her. Some of them also had visitors. Aris had bandages on her burned arm, and a new scab covered the cut on her cheek, giving her a sad appearance. Daphne was badly bruised and her braid was singed, but was otherwise unscathed. “You're finally awake!” Daphne hugged her. Asha tried to sit up, but felt sort of dizzy, so decided otherwise.

Sylvia looked at her quizzically. You okay?

Yeah, I think so. She answered.

“What happened?” Asha rubbed her head.

“You killed the leader of the skeletons and fell.” Aris came closer. “Thanks to you, when the skeletons saw their leader was gone, they retreated. There are still a couple wandering around, but we've managed to get most of them. They shouldn't be able to harm anyone.”

“How long have I been out?”

“A few days.” Daphne said.

“A few days?!?”

“We thought you would never wake up!” Aris said.

“Aris!” Daphne scolded.

“What?” Aris smiled.

“Do you think the Black Dove might launch another attack like this?” Asha asked a few days later, looking at the nearly destroyed street.

“She might,” Aris said. “She wants more people to bend to her will.”

“Ooh, I wish she wouldn't.” Daphne said. “I don't like fighting like that.”

“Well, since we won, she might send harder monsters to try and beat us. When she does, I don't know how we're going to do it this time. We barely won last time.”

“Then we'll have to be more prepared.” Asha said. “If some of us, between classes, or at night, guarded the outside of the school in shifts, we might get a better warning and prepare.”

“That just might work,” Aris sounded mildly impressed. “Only one problem: how are we going to get more students besides us, to do it?”

“Well, we could talk to the headmaster first to get permission, and then set up posters and things to ask students to help.”

“Sounds good.” Daphne said, smiling.

Later they left the headmaster's office with the permission, and started setting up posters to help get people to guard.

“If people read the posters and want to help, they'll know to come to the gate and meet one of us there.” Aris said as a couple of people came up to read the sign.

“Oh, I hope they decide to help.” Daphne said. “It'll be so much better.” Sylvia flew by Asha's side.

It would be a big help.

Yes, Asha agreed, As long as we have a warning we should be okay.

“Asha?” Daphne asked.

“What?”

“You keep staring at Sylvia.”

“I'm talking to her.” Asha said, confused.

“But, only Myths can actually talk to magical creatures!” Aris exclaimed. “I thought you were Life!”

“I am.” Asha was more confused than ever.

“But it couldn't be.....”

“What?”

“It couldn't be! It's so rare......but maybe.....”

“What's rare?” Asha asked, feeling even more confused. “What is it? Everyone talks about something rare around me, but they don't tell me anything about it. Why?” She walked away.

“What's up with her?” Aris asked. Daphne shook her head.