My limo pulled up in front of Carter's house. I pryed open the door and let her slide in beside me.

"Hey." She smiles.

I smile back. "Hey."

Her black hair dances on her face as she slams the limo's door shut. "Ever been to a carnival?" She asks as she turns to face me.

I nod. "A few. Even performed once."

She chuckles. "Figured. I've been to only one. My mother took me. It was a lot of fun."

"When I was younger, my friend Ryan and I went to one. The guy barfed up like twenty bags of cotton candy." Justin tells me, stifling a laugh.

I giggle. "That's horrible."

Justin shrugs. "But funny."

The rest of the ride is spent telling childhood stories, most of them ending with an outroar of laughter. Eventually, the limo came to a stop. I could hear the sound of kids giggling, teens flirting, and the sound of carnival games in action.

"Here we are!" Jeff calls. "Should I stay and wait in the parking lot?"

"Yeah." Justin shouts back. "Thanks, Jeff."

"No problem, Mr.Bieber!"

"Thank you, Jeff!" I say as well.

"Anytime, Miss Carter!"

I smile and go to open the limo door but Justin takes me wrist, pulling me back.

"What?" I frown.

"Hold on." Justin tells me. He grabs a hat off the seat beside him and pulls it on, taking a pair of sunglasses and doing the same.

I purse my lips. "Why the need for a disguise?"

"Because I'm not in the mood of getting ambushed by fans." He tells me.

I scoff. "And that's going to make you unrecognizable?"

"Hopefully."

"Goodluck."

"Thanks."

I chuckle, prying open the door and slipping out, Justin behind me. I'm suddenly surrounded by a rainbow of colors, guys and girls with sticks of cotton candy, and music in the background.

"What first?" I mumble.

"Cotton candy?" Justin suggests. "Merry-Go-Round?"

I playfully shove him. "Seriously!"

He chortles. "I'm serious!"

I purse my lips. "Ok then. Race ya to the cotton candy stand? Last one there buys first one there two sticks of cotton candy."

"Looks like I'll be gettin' free cotton candy." Justin smirks.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really."

"We'll see about that."

"We will."

"Go!" I start running, my eyes fixed on the cotton candy stand where some girl, probably in her early twenties, was handing a young boy a stick of blue cotton candy.

"You're a cheater!" I hear Justin yell from behind me. I laugh and run faster, the summer breeze dancing on my face. I make it to the stand, sweaty and out-of-breath. Justin catches up, breathing hard.

"Un...fair." He exhales.

I laugh. "You owe me...cotton candy."

"You don't deserve it." Justin smirks.

I pout. "Please?" I poke his stomach playfully.

He chuckles. "Fine." He turns to the girl at the stand and orders two sticks of cotton candy, one pink and one blue. He quickly pays and then hands them to me.

"Knock yourself out." He smiles.

"I will." I stick out my tongue.

"Carter!" A familiar voice calls suddenly. "Is that you?"

"How's that?" Justin asks.

I heave a sigh. "My sister." I turn around to see Mia bouncing my way. She stops in front of me, unaware of Justin's presence.

"How did you get here?" She asks me. "I didn't think you'd come."

"I came with a friend." I tell her, motioning to Justin with my eyes.

Her eyes widen. "Oh! Hi! I'm Mia." She holds out her hand. Justin takes it akwardly.

"Uh, Justin. Nice to meet you." He fixes his hat with his free hand.

"You too." Mia grins and let's go of his hand, looking back to me. "Wanna join Duncan, Roxi, and I? I left them back at the Hammer Challenge."

"No thanks." I give Mia an apologetic smile. "Justin and I are having fun."

Mia pouts. "Oh ok. You kids keep having fun." She winks in my directions and saunters off, her strawberry blonde hair bouncing on her shoulders.

"Well." Justin crinkles his forehead. "She's jolly."

"Always." I chuckle and take a bite out of my cotton candy. It melts on my mouth creating an explosion of that unique cotton candy, sugary taste.

"Look at that!" Justin excaims suddenly. He jogs over to a large, cardboard kissing booth. It's not a real booth. Just one for people to take pictures with. Justin slips behind it, making a silly face in my direction.

I laugh and walk over to him, leaning over and planting a friendly kiss on his cheek.

• Justin •

Her lips are soft against my cheek and I suddenly feel my heart hammering against my chest. I've only felt this once before. I clench my fists and push the cardboard booth aside. It falls to the ground. I begin to stomp away, escaping whatever I was feeling.

"Justin!" I hear Carter trying to keep up with me. "What happened? Are you ok?"

"Leave me alone." I grit.

"What's wrong with you? You were fine three seconds ago!"

"I'm fine!"

"Justin!"

I turn around to face her when suddenly she collapses on me, her arms around my neck to support herself. I don't know how to react. I forget about my recent reaction and help her keep her balance.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I feel like I'm going to faint." She murmers. And sure enough, she faints, her body limp in my arms.

I curse under my breath and cradle her in my arms, fast-walking in the direction of the limo.

She had to be ok.

_______________________

Author's Note: Hm.... I don't think it's my best chapter but I wrote this through writer's block so...yeah. lol. Anyways, what do you think is wrong with Justin? What about Carter? And tell me, what would you like to see in this story? COMMENT VOTE FAN!! much love :)