"Damn, what are the rope made of? They're as hard as rock!" Tenten exclaimed, trying out all her weapons, which were no use.

"Forget me and get Naruto out of here!" Sasuke shouted, searching for the blonde through the smoke.

"Don't worry, Neji and Kankuro got him." Tenten grinded her teeth. "Damn it! Is there anyway to get these things off!?"

"That lever over there!!" Sasuke pointed out. "Behind you. The blue lever!"

While Tenten was busily cutting away the rope, Lee was busy keeping the guards, that came in like an army of ants, away. He swung his arm here, leg there.

"Heeeeya! Hoooha!!" he shouted as his fists and feet landed on target.

"Lee! Grab that blue lever!!" Tenten commanded.

"Right!" busily, he backed away quickly and came up to the two colored levers and pulled the red lever.

"Argh!!" Sasuke cried out as the ropes were being pulled up.

"Blue, Lee!! Blue!!! Not the goddamn red one!!!" Tenten yelled.

"Oh, sorry!" Lee quickly swiped at the next two guards that came charging and lifted the red, pulling the blue. The ropes slowly lowered and Sasuke could feel his hands coming down to his side.

"Got a lighter?" Sasuke asked.

"Lighter? To hell are you going to burn your hand!" Tenten argued.

"I'm just going to burn the ropes away, stupid!" Sasuke retorted, growing impatient.

"Here, how about this?" Lee handed him a torch that was hanging from the wall.

"Thanks." Sasuke retrieved the torch and held it to the side of his wrist, careful of not burning himself. The rope burned and sizzled, and finally, it came off. Sasuke handed the torch to Tenten and rubbed the life back into his wrists.

"Let's go and find that bastard." Sasuke said, his voice menacing.

"Heck yeah!" Tenten replied and followed. Lee knocked the last of the guards and smiles.

"There isn't one that can beat me! Hah!!!!" then Sasuke clapped him on the shoulder.

"Good job."

"Drop him, Pain." the copy-nin demanded as he stood before the rebel leader.

Pain was already impatient with all the distruptions of his plans of taking over both clans and the town that his eyes glowed blood red. He charged in towards Kakashi. Kakashi held his ground and readied himself for Pain's attack. Pain swung his legs up and aimed for the copy-nin's head. Kakashi blocked it with both his arms, but the impact sent him flying towards the garden shed. The shed shook terribly as the copy-nin hit it with his back. Dust flew everywhere as Pain stood there, enraged by the pests that got in his way.

Kakashi stood back up and ran in, kunai in hand. He threw a few to distract the leader, but didn't land any as Pain skillfully dodged every one and reeled a kick to Kakashi's stomach. Kakashi blocked the leader's foot, but wasn't quick enough for what was coming as he was sent flying back into the garden where the traps laid.

"Sir." Konan appeared behind him from the frog pond.

"Report."

Konan nodded. "It seems like they had split into teams sir. One was supposingly to be a distraction at the front gate while the other two had probably got in through the tunnels."

"Where's Temari and Gaara?"

"Gaara's group are in pursuit after you as Temari's group is finished."

A wicked grin grew on the leader's face as he paced towards the dark woods of the Akatsuki turf. Together, he entered with Konan and both were engulfed by the dark shadows, along with an unconscious Naruto.

Meanwhile, Shikamaru and Temari were trying to get their moves in sync, Sakura and Hinata were successfully pulling down guards one by one. Bombs went off randomly and everywhere around Shikamaru and Temari as they bumped shoulders, restless. Their breaths came in uneven gasps as they glared at their enemy, who stood there with a creepy grin.

"Come on, is that all you two got?" Deidara taunted.

"Got any plans?" Shikamaru asked.

"No. You?"

He smirked and nodded once. Temari gave his smirk one look and grinned to herself, gracefully catching on. Together, they ran up to the man and took turns taking a swing at him. Deidara dodged with such flexibility that he could help but laugh.

"Wow. Finally you two are in sync, but can't you land more punches than that? I mean, even that pink pig over there could do better." Shikamaru and Temari smirked and moved aside as Sakura came in flying with raging fists. It surprised Deidara that Sakura easily landed a punch square in his face.

"I dare you say that again, you bomb freak! Saying I'm a pig!? Why don't we see about that!!" Sakura landed quick and strong punches, left and right, and then an uppercut right under his chin that sent him sprawling to the ground with blood spilling from his mouth.

"Whoa." Temari smirked.

"No wonder Sai said-"

"Huh!?" Sakura came up to Shikamaru with raging eyes. Shikamaru chuckled and backed off.

"N-nothing, Sakura. Just saying you've got some nice punches."

"Hmph." Sakura replied, walking away to where Hinata was finishing the last man.

"Wow. How does any guy deal with her?" Temari laughed at the disheveled Genius.

"Hahaha. Ask Lee." Shikamaru suggested, glancing at Temari, who stopped laughing and smiled with a blush.

"Where are the others?" Sasuke asked as he ran through the corridors with Tenten and Lee.

"They should be outside with-" they all stopped at the exit as they spotted Neji and Kankuro fighting alongside Kiba, Gaara, and Kisame.

They were surrounded by a band of guards who were all dressed in black. Standing ahead of each of the groups of men were Sasori, Hidan, and Kakuzu. Sasuke glared at each and every one of them, wanting to shove them off like nothing and go after Pain, but he knew it would be too soon to even think about that.

"Hyahahahaha!! So, we've got us a loose dog, strays, and a few others that's betrayed their own kind. How thoughtful, Kisame!" Hidan exclaimed, his tongue extended out.

"Watch out for him!" Kisame warned the Jinchuurikis. "He craves for blood and would do anything to see it."

Tenten grimaced at the thought as Gaara stood by Kiba, ready to defend him. Neji stood in stance, ready for anything as Sasuke caught up to Kisame.

"Sasuke, you made it out!" Kisame exclaimed happily.

"No time to chat, Kisame. Where's Naruto?"

"Naruto?" Kisame questioned.

"What!? You mean, Naruto's here?" Kiba shouted in disbelief.

"He is. We saw him and now he's in Pain's hands." Tenten informed them. They all popped their knuckles in rage as their own was taken right from their hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More fighting, less love, that's what I think this story is. I'm not satisfied....might rewrite this story someday....