Kouen: Chapter Two

I leaned over the side of the ship as we got closer to the dock where my bride would be waiting for me. I was surprised to find out Sinbad had a sister, no one in my family had ever seen her. Hell, last night was the first time any of us had even heard of her.

Flashback to the meeting~~~~

"Sinbad." I said as a greeting to the purple haired man.

"Kouen." He responded with a nod of his head. Seated around him were for of his eight generals, three men and one woman. I sat next to my father with my three brothers, Koumei, Kouha, and Hakuryuu.

"Let's skip the greetings and get down to business." Stated my father in a curt manor. We were here to organize a peace treaty. I was surprised, my father never showed any interest in a treaty with Sindria. I wondered what he had up his sleeve. In an hour the meeting was almost finished, all that was left was to decide on the peace offerings.

"The Kou Empire will offer one of our Riem trading routes and 1,000 talents of silver." My father offered. 

"I accept. In return, Sindria will give 100 ships and-" Began Sinbad, but he was interrupted by Father.

"No. I want one specific thing."

"What is that?"

"A royal bride for my eldest son."

I stiffened in shock but kept my face neutral. So this was what Father had in mind all along. Sinbad had no daughters to offer as a bride so the treaty would be canceled.

Sinbad sighed, he seemed to have seen the real reason why Father had asked for a royal bride. 

"Very well."

Father's eyes widened slightly.

"You have a daughter to be the royal bride?"

"No..but I do have-"

"Sin,are you sure about this?" One of Sinbad's general's whispered. Sinbad nodded, a solemn look on his face.

"I don't have a daughter, but I do have a sister who can be the royal bride."

Flashback over~~~~~~~~

The ship pulled into the dock as I pulled away from my thoughts. Waiting on land was Sinbad with all his generals. The generals surrounded a person I could only assume was my future wife. I couldn't see her clearly, only flashes of long purple hair.

"En! It's time to go and retrieve your bride!" Shouted Kouha as he waved me over. I walked over to the boarding plank with my brothers and started down. Once we were all on land Sinbad began to speak.

"This is my sister, and your bride, Sindri."

Sindri? Had Sinbad named his kingdom after her, or was she named after the kingdom? I decided the kingdom was named after her because the Kingdom was only about 10 years old, my bride had to be older than the kingdom.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the generals parted showing a slender young woman.

"Jeez, it's like Sinbad made a female copy of himself." Whispered Kouha. He was right, Sindri looked exactly like Sinbad. She had long purple hair, blazing golden eyes, and tan skin. I smirked as I saw her lips in a small frown and defiance in her eyes. She was obviously not pleased at the fact she was going to be given in an arranged marriage.

Sindri walked up to me and looked me up and down. In those three seconds I was more self conscious than I had ever been in my life.

"You must be Kouen." She said. Her voice sounded mature, she was probably in her early twenties.

"I am-" I was cut off by Sindri whirling around to face Sinbad.

"You gave me away to this guy?!" She shouted as she stuck her thumb in my direction. I blinked several times to get rid of my surprise. Quickly my surprise was replaced by annoyance.

"Yes, you are going to marry him. Try to like him." Sinbad said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Sindri growled and walked up the plank into the ship.

"I left you a platter of fruit in your room!"Sindri shouted from the ship. Sinbad smiled.

"I knew you loved me."

"I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT!!!"

Sinbad sighed.

"Good luck, I'll be in Kou next week for your wedding." He said as he turned to walk away.

"You'll definitely need it." Snickered Kouha as he walked up the plank. I followed him up the plank. The annoyance I was feeling showed on my face. I really didn't need a troublesome wife.