Words From Dr. Phillis

POV: Toya's
Day: Saturday
Time: 12:15PM
Place: Guestroom

I woke up to yelling coming from down the hall. I got up out of bed and stood in the doorway. The twins were standing in the doors of their rooms looking down the hall. I looked towards Jac's room to see the doors wide open.

Jac: (walking out and throwing Trina's stuff down the stairs) "GET OUT NOW!"
Trina: "You know what... I don't need you!" (walking downstairs and slamming the door)

Jac called somebody, I'm guessing an assistant or someone to throw her stuff out. He walked our way and the twins immediately rushed into their rooms. He walked over to me and smiled.

Jac: "Good morning."
Toya: "Morning."
Jac: (holding my hand) "You sleep good?"
Toya: "Yeah."
Jac: "Today, I'm taking you and the twins out. It's 12pm. All three of you slept late."
Toya: (laughing)
Jac: "It's okay. Just go get ready. I'll dress the twins."
Toya: "Wait...Where are we going?"
Jac: "First, lunch. Then I have to pick up the invitations for their party from the office because they were printed there. Then we can go anywhere, okay?"

I nodded my head and exchanged smiles with him then went back into the guestroom. I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and lotion then got dressed. I walked back out and brushed my hair into a neat bun. The curls still visible.

I sat down on the bed and put on my slippers. I stuffed some money in my pockets, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs after putting on some jewelry. The twins were standing in front of the door. Lana has her hair in a neat bun and Lisa has her hair in a ponytail. "Your daddy fixed your hair?"

Lana: "Hard to believe right?"
Toya: (laughing) "Yeah."
Lisa: "We know mommy, we know."

I laughed as Jac walked over to us holding his car keys. "When did you learn how to fix hair?" He grinned and thought for a while, then his smile faded. He walked over to me and talked into my ear.

Jac: "After you left me."

I looked up at him, "I'm so sorry." He kissed my forehead and pressed his forehead against mine.

Jac: "It was my fault. (turning to the twins) Alright. Leggo."

I opened the door and the twins ran out. Jac let me walk out in front of him and I heard him locking the door. We got in the Escalade and drove off.

POV: Jac's
Day: Saturday
Time: 1:35PM
Place: McDonald's

Toya and I sat across from the twins eating in McDonald's. They're stealing each other's fries. Toya and I laughed as Lana started to get ghetto.

Lana: "Boo boo..Take one more of my fries. Do it, please. Do it!"
Lisa: (backing away)
Lana: "You know why!" (continues eating)
Jac: "She gets this from you." (to Toya)
Toya: (laughing) "I rather her being like this than being bullied by some kid who acts like Zonnique."
Jac: (laughing) "True."
Lisa: "Are you two back together?"
Toya: (looking at me) "Umm.."
Jac: "Not really.." (sipping on my drink)
Lana: "Why?"
Toya: "We were just having problems."
Lana: (sitting back, crossing her arms) "Who caused it this time?"

I can't believe I'm sitting here talking to my six year old daughter about this. This girl is Dr. Phillis. "I did."

Lana: "Oh Lord.." (shaking her head)
Toya: (laughing) "It's okay, Lana. We'll work it out."
Lana: "Look..Me and Lisa want our mommy and daddy back. Things aren't the same."
Lisa: "Mommy wasn't there to take us to mommy-daughter day at school."
Toya: (talking in my ear) "I couldn't help it..Ace kept me from going to that."
Jac: (clenching my jaw)
Lana: "If you two love each other like we think you do, why aren't you together?"
Lisa: "We don't even care why."
Lana: "All we know is that you two need to get back together because daddy cries too much."
Toya: (looking at me)

I nodded my head and went back to eating. I didn't know they knew so much about relationships. Wait.."How do you know all this?"

Lisa: "Auntie Bre watches Oprah."
Lana: "And in school our teacher watches Dr. Phil on her computer."

Toya and I laughed. While we ate, I continued thinking about what Lana said.