A Cup Of Rozay

POV: Toya's
Day: Monday
Time: 8PM
Place: 230 Fifth

I just walked into this bar, 230 Fifth. I sat down at a table in the middle of the floor and watched the various performances. I'm so glad Jac and I never went to a bar because this would have bothered me.

I ordered some onion rings and continued watching as people performed. They're having an Open Mic Night because they're main performer got fired. Hmmm.. Job Opportunity.

I went over and grabbed the flyer off of the wall and walked over to the bar. "Hey... Y'all looking for a singer? Do you know where the manager is?"

Lady: "That's me. My name's Taylor. You gotta sing something first though."
Toya: "Like perform? Up there?" (pointing to the stage)
Taylor: "Yeah...Choose a song from the song sheet by the band and go right ahead."

I nodded my head and walked over to the song sheet on the wall by the band. Hmmm.. Refill. I told the Band Director and he handed me a mic. I walked up on stage and everyone's attention was focused on me. "Good night, everyone. My name's Toya."

The music started playing and I didn't even notice the back-up singers. I started singing and when I got to the chorus..I noticed this guy in the crowd staring at me real hard. He's cute. Since he wanna stare so hard, I started walking off stage and I sang to him.

When I got to the bridge, he smiled at me. Dang, that smile. I knew I was blushing so I went back to the stage and finished the song. When I was done, I got a standing ovation. I smiled, "Thank you."

I gave the mic to the next person who was gonna sing and went back over to the bar. "Well..?"

Taylor: (handing me a paper and a pen) "Fill this out and you start next Monday. =)"
Toya: "Christmas Eve?" (starting to fill out the paper)
Taylor: "Yeah."
Toya: "No prob."

I finished filling out the form and gave it back to her.

Taylor: "Want anything?"
Toya: "A cup of rozay."
Taylor: "ID?"

I showed her my Driver's License and she grabbed a bottle and poured some out in a tall glass. "Keep these coming." I started drinking...One...Two...Three. The same dude who was staring at me earlier came and stopped me from starting to drink the 4th one.

Dude: "Aye.. Stop."
Toya: "Don't tell me what to do."
Dude: (my voice) "Don't tell me to tell you what not to do!"
Toya: (laughing) "Alright."
Dude: "We don't need you getting drunk. By the way, I'm Darryl but call me Ace."
Toya: "Okay."
Ace: "No manners, beautiful?"
Toya: (blushing) "Would you leave me alone?"
Ace: "I don't think you want me to because you blushed for the second time in one night." (laughing)
Toya: (pushing him playfully) "Aight..Whatever. I'm LaToya. You already know what to call me."
Ace: (being playful) "What? Baby?"
Toya: (laughing) "Noooo..Toya."
Ace: "Alright, Nae. See that wasn't so hard, right?"
Toya: "Whatever...Darryl."
Ace: "Aye!"
Toya: (sticking my tongue out at him)
Ace: (pinching my cheeks) "Cute face."
Toya: "Stopppppp.."
Ace: "Why?"
Toya: "That sh-t hurt." (pulling on one of his braids)
Ace: "Ouch."
Toya: "See! It hurts that much!" (laughing and looking at the time on my phone) "I'm just gonna go."
Ace: "Lemme walk you to your car."

Surprisingly, he held my hand and helped me off the bar stool. I paid Taylor for the onion rings and the drinks then Ace guided me out of the bar. In the parking lot, we stood by my car talking for a minute or two. "Bye, Ace."

Ace: (pulling on my hand) "Can I atleast get your number?"
Toya: "Give me your phone."
Ace: (handing me his phone)
Toya: (laughing) "Unlock it, boy."
Ace: (laughing) "Oh.." (unlocking it and giving it back to me)

I gave him my number and got in the car. He still didn't move so I rolled down the window. "What?"

Ace: (leaning in the window and kissing my cheek) "Bye, beautiful."

I laughed. "Bye, Darryl." He laughed as I rolled up the window. I reversed and drove off.