"Is that seriously what you're wearing?" Jennifer asked, her nose wrinkling in disgust as she looked at my outfit.

"Uh.... Yes?" Jennifer crossed her arms over her chest and sat back in her seat in a huff.

"I honestly don't know what I see in you sometimes." I flinched at that. Wow. Harsh much? Now I just need to figure out where I'm going without her realising I wasn't listening to her during the phone call earlier. I reach into the glove box and pull out my GPS.

"So, what's the address again?" I ask quietly. Jennifer stares at me.

"We're going to Pierre's Todd. I'm pretty sure you know where that is." She says drily.

"Oh Pierre's? I thought you said somewhere else on the phone." I defend myself, putting the GPS back in the glove box.

"You never listen to me." Jennifer says bitterly. I keep my mouth shut, unable to deny it this time, and pull out of her driveway. The drive seems to take forever, with me keeping silent as I listen to Jennifer go on about what a terrible boyfriend I am. By the time I park my car at Pierre's, both Jennifer and I were in a bad mood.

We enter the restaurant and take a seat for two. The restaurant was decorated in reds and whites, and was known to be a popular place for couples because of its romantic atmosphere. I lean forward to fiddle with a lit candle in the middle of the table while we wait for a menu and Jennifer scowls at me before glancing around the restaurant.

The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife and I struggled to think of something to say. Suddenly, I couldn't remember the last time Jennifer and I had participated in an actual decent conversation together that didn't involve gossip or sex. I opened my mouth to start a conversation but before I could Jennifer scoffed rudely.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused. Jennifer curled her lip and nodded at the entrance of restaurant. Twisting in my seat, my breath hitched as I saw Jesse entering with a smaller red head.

"I always knew he was a fag." Jennifer said snidely. I felt my mouth drop open and I turned to look at her.

"What? Jesse isn't gay! They're probably meeting a few friends here." I said, turning back around to look at him. Jesse stood awkwardly in the door for a few seconds before following the red head to a table. For two. My chest felt tight and I frowned before reaching up to rub it. What a weird feeling. Maybe I'm coming down with something?

I looked at the red head with him. He was rather small, and was wearing a pair of tight black jeans and a button up white shirt. I didn't like him I decided as I watched him reach out and touch Jesses arm, smiling flirtatiously.

Jesse blushed and nodded shyly before reaching forward to play with the candle on their table. The redhead grinned at him before glancing around the restaurant.

"Well, he looks gay to me. That must be his boyfriend." Jennifer snickered. I glared at her.

"He's not gay. I'd know. I live right next door to him."

"You sound like you're jealous. Does little Todd have a crush? Are you a faggot too?" Jennifer mocked nastily. I stared at her, shocked at how vile she was being. I've never seen her act like this before.

"No! I just don't think he is." I mutter. Jennifer grins at me.

"Why don't we find out?" She said as she stands up from our table. I watch in horror as she confidently struts over to the table where Jesse and his... date are sitting. My stomach tightens in dread and I swallow before standing up and following her.

The redhead glances up as we approach the table before frowning and saying something to Jesse, rolling his eyes. Jesse swivels in his seat and watches us walk towards him.