20. Nuts.

"Stacey!" I shouted as she let out a cry and fell to the floor. Luke had shot her in the leg. I tried to push past Luke but he wouldn't let me. He pushed me back against the wall. His blue eyes meeting mine. They seemed darker.

"Apologise or I'll shoot her again," he warned as he pointed the gun in her direction again.

"Okay! Okay!" I cried, by now my vision was blurry, I tried to blink away the tears but they kept covering my eyes. "I'm sorry," I said, "I-I'm-m s-sorry"

"Okay," Luke nodded, he let go of me and I rushed over to Stacey who was trembling and clutching at her bleeding leg. "That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"You're a monster!" I shouted. "Luke how could you do this!?"

"With pleasure." He answered as he headed for the door. "You better get her to a hospital, and one word of this to anyone? You're all dead."

I looked back at Stacey. My breathing becoming ragged.

"I'm so sorry Stace, I-i didn't know this was going to happen." I cried. Stacey ignored me as she winced in pain. Was this my fault? "I'm going to get you help, just stay there."

I stood up and headed for the stairs.

"Don't worry, I'm not fucking going anywhere!" She answered.

I ran up them, stumbling and grazing my knee on a step. I let out a frustrated cry as I scrambled up again. I rushed into my room and headed towards my window. I could see Ashton. I began banging on my window to catch his attention. He saw and pulled his window up, obviously seeing how distraught I was. I pulled mine up.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I-I need your help," I breathed, "It's Stacey.."

"What happened to her?" He asked, worry in his eyes as he leaned out of his window.

"Luke shot her!" I exclaimed. Ashton's eyes went wide and he stared at me for a moment before he quickly scrambled out of the window. He climbed across the tree and jumped into my room.

"Where is she?" He asked as he placed his hands on my arms.

"Downstairs." I answered. Ashton ran off, leaving me in my room for a moment. I took a few deep breaths.

"Courtney!" Ashton scolded and I snapped out of it. Running out of the room and down the stairs. By the time I entered my living room, Ashton already had his top off and was wrapping it around her wound. "Help me get her up." I rushed over to him and Stacey and helped lift her up.

"L-luke said that if we told anyone we'd all be dead. What are we going to say?" I questioned as he carried her out of the house. Stacey groaned as we put her in Ashton's car. Ashton pushed me against the car, his shirtless body laid against mine.

"She got attacked, walking home from yours, okay? She was mugged." He informed me, "Courtney. it's going to be okay. Luke's smart, he wouldn't kill her. Not yet anyway." He pulled away and opened the drivers door. He climbed in and I stared at him.

"Not yet!?" I asked, shocked that he could say something like that.

"Just get in the fucking car!" He shouted. I huffed as I got in the back next to Stacey.

"We can't piss him off any more, alright? Whatever he's planning, you're just going to have to go with it. Alright?" Ashton asked as he drove us to the hospital. I nodded, trying to fight back the tears.

"Oh god it fucking hurts," Stacey cried as she clutched at her leg.

"Ashton drive faster!" I shouted.