No regard for the cost

Alex's perspective, 2 years later~

"Can you imagine that I'll never step in this apartment ever again?" She says, putting her hands on her hips, looking at the mass of boxes scattered around. I  come closer to her and wrap my arms around her as she rests her head on my chest, looking melancholically at the blank walls that used to be covered in photos and paintings. We're leaving for London today. She graduated and she will be studying at Oxford's Literature and Languages section. She was admitted. Me and the lads will be starting serious work on a new album. A month later, Phoebe will be entering Oxford's gates. Many things have happened in these years. I think the greatest of all is that she became the second most read writer of the moment. The first, still being John Green. She was asked many times to have some kind of meetings with the readers in London and America, but she refused every time, saying that they'll have to wait for her till she moves to London. Well, the world pretty much did that. The lads are driving from London to help us carry our stuff. I understood that they're coming with two cars. They should arrive any minute. I kinda miss those twats. I haven't seen them since spring holiday. Well, technically, I saw them yesterday too but Skype doesn't count. I can't wait to restart our daily routine of practicing and song writing. But most of all, I can't wait to see our new house. Yes, you heard me well. Our house. Phoebe and I have spared money and managed to buy a huge house in London. When we bought it, it was entirely empty. This afternoon, the furniture is arriving. It's gonna be a very very funny busy day.

"I both wanna laugh and cry." She says, a sad giggle escaping. "Dublin's where I met you. We've shared this place, we've shared so many things here. I won't be able to drop by at Fifi's every day after classes. I won't ever see the old people passing peacefully by the café's window. I won't ever ride the elevator to get downstairs. I won't ever fall asleep again in Haley's walk-in dressing." She giggles, making me laugh, too, as I remember how one day she was at Haley's and she remained stuck in her wardrobe for half an hour and fell asleep right there.

"I know. But you're leaving these things behind you in order to discover many others." I kiss her forehead and look into her huge dark eyes.

"Yes, you're right. You're always right, little bastard!" She says, gently slapping my arm.

"I was born to be right." I say, straightening my back.

She pouts and gives me the 'glare', shutting me up immediately.

We gather the boxes on the hallway, piling them up. She tapes her books boxes and lifts them on top of the others. She insisted upon being highly organized. Her boxes would have their contents name written in red, while mine would be written in black.

"What time should the boys be arriving, anyway?" She asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"7." I inform her. "After all, they've waited for the ferry and took the cars with the ferry and so on. Tiring trip for them, too."

"I know." She sits down on a box, taking Ben on her lap, stroking his hair. Poor Max died of age a few months ago, so the only pet remaining is the muffin.

"I still don't understand why we're taking David with us. The doc said you're totally fine without it. You haven't used it in about a year and a half or summat." I say, pointing to the taped big box in which the oxygen tube was 'resting'. Her beautiful handwriting sprinkled the box in big red letters: D A V I D.

"I just feel like taking the dusty fellah with us. He's my first love." She laughs,  her grin turning into a smirk. Cute girl she is, she just told me in a really subtle way that I'm her first love. Using an ox tube. I take my black marker from the floor and scribble a little arrow that leads the name David to my little addition: Love's first love.