For which I am thankful

"Not really the answer I expected... Oh, hi, Haley!" Isaac says, looking at me disappointed, waving a few fingers at Haley.

"Hi." Haley answers, in that 'queen' tone, exactly like Lydia from Teen Wolf. I think I am slightly too obsessed with that show.

"How the heck do you know that?" I ask, wanting to snatch something and throw it at him for telling me such a stupid thing. Especially now, when I seemed to become ok with the 'Alex leaving me like a dickhead' episode.

"I checked VidCon's program this year. They announced it this morning. I'll send you the link."

"I have to get to chemistry. See ya." Haley says, walking away.

"Bye" me and Isaac answer.

***

"Aren't you happy? I mean, you two will get a chance to see each other."Isaac asks me as he fills his tray with pasta at lunchtime.

We never sit down at the same table but now, everybody seems to be jealous of us for going to America. Isaac's friends totally rejected him when they found out about it. I remember telling him: Don't worry, they are just scared of you becoming a 'True Alpha'. You are handsome and smart and talented. You are stealing their girls. It's obvious why they're ignoring you.
He just smiled and kept eating. Since then, me, Dylan, Haley, Isaac, the hockey team captain and his girlfriend sit at the same table. This is something I am thankful for. I am thankful for having a person like Isaac by my side. You know, we didn't use to talk much. We were besties in childhood, but things changed when he left. When I came here, most teachers knew us as being the "Sheffield bro and sis", so they made us do lots of assignments together and stuff. We would go to each other's place and nothing more. We talked everyday and we have always considered each other as the right person to ask for help. Isaac had different friends and I was really shy and scared of Ireland. We just didn't talk about deep stuff or, as I did with Alex, about our childhood from each other's perspective(attempts, at least) or about the books we like and so on. We didn't talk about the little things that establish the bonds between people. That's why my parents don't really ask about Isaac. Mainly because they keep in touch with his mom, but also because he was not particularly a friend of mine. But since we found out we were going to America together, things changed. We started talking because of Isaac's fake friends who didn't want to see him do better than them, because more and more people saw us as a pair of besties, a hell of a team and because we realized we have so many things in common that it would be a pity not to start listening to each other. Listening in the real sense of the word. Now, me and Isaac really are best friends, the 'Sheffield bro and sis'. That's why I am thankful. I am thankful for being friends with such a gentle person, a person I can learn so many things from, a person I share so many beautiful memories with. It is wonderful; feeling loved without having anyone tell you 'I love you'.

"How could I be happy? I am trying to get over it." I say in a hushed tone as I sit opposite from Haley and Dylan.

"Get over what?" Asks Dylan, filling his mouth with pasta.

"Her ex." Isaac replies.

"You had a boyfriend and you didn't tell me?!" says Haley, astonished.

"It was a weekend thing, it was pretty quick..." I say, mentally swearing Isaac for that answer.

"Ah, than get over it!" Haley says, throwing her hands in the air.

"Yeah, yeah, trying." I mumbled nudging Isaac.

***

*five months later*

"HOLLY MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE LEAVING IN TWO. FREAKING. WEEKS. FOR. FREAKING. AMERICA."