I've missed you

"I can't believe we're packing." Isaac says, putting a few T-Shirts in his troller.

"I know, right... It seems that only yesterday we were unpacking." I say, sighing, gathering my hair products in a bag. He gives me a faint smile. "So.. What's gonna be with you and Skyler?"

"Umm, you know... We're just gonna... Be in a long distance relationship. But we're seeing each other in holidays. She said I can come over to her place and stay over or something." He said, suddenly seeming discouraged.

"Isaac, I am sorry... I know you love her. Of course it's gonna be crappy, seeing her through a screen, but remember that if it's meant to be, it will be."

"Yeah, I know... Thanks, Phoebs."

"For what?"

"For always knowing what to say."

I walk up to him and hug him tight. We stay like that for a while until I pull away and cup his face with my hands, placing a little kiss on his nose, shaking his face slowly, as if I was trying to wake him up.

"Alright, Phoebs. Let's get on with our packing."

I continue mashing up clothes in my bags and, as I almost fill the last one, I realize I basically have no space for lots of other stuff. The PC wasn't a problem, Al said they're taking it with them. But I still had a huge box of books from Isaac(and also about other 10 books that I've bought these months), a smaller box full of Arctic Monkeys merchandise, a crying giraffe mug that I really don't want to break... And lots of other little things I bought for Dylan and Haley and also for Isaac(for his birthday, which was to be in about 3 months) and for my parents and Thalia and little Ryan... I even bought my muffin a little doggy bed. Serious shopping, no kidding.

"Phoebe, Isaac, it's us." Alex's hoarse voice was accompanied by a few knocks at the door.

These months in America have been filled with lots of work 'on field', but whenever Isaac and I had time, our lovers would happily spend it with us. Which is wonderful, really. You know you have someone's arms to fall asleep in.

"How's packing going, folks?" asks Matt as I open the door.

"Umm well... I am almost done." I say, yawning. Been doing this for 4 hours now, it's about 1 in the morning. Not to mention I'm in my 'I love you so much it hurts' pajamas that Alex simply adores. Isaac isn't too talkative today.

"Your room's a mess anyway." Nick points out to my scattered books around the box.

"Yeah, I said it's almost done..."

"What's wrong with you, man?" Alex asks, putting a hand on Isaac's shoulder."You look heartbroken."

"I am.." And so the boys gather curiously around Isaac to hear the short story. To comfort him, they absorb him into a massive 'manly' group hug. I just took a picture of that, it was too adorable.

"If it's meant to be, it will be." Alex says, hugging him separately. What can I say, great minds think alike.

***

"See you in the morning, Isaac." Alex says as he closes the door behind him. He said he'd spent his goodbye night with Skyler. Katie would be sleeping with some girls from France. Matt, Nick and Jamie said they'd be at the club. Alex didn't want to go, although I said it's fine if he goes with them. He insisted he just wanted to rest a bit. So now he's next to me, holding me in his arms, cuddled in the big bed, lights off.

"Things always change." He says in a low voice.

"I know. They've been changing for the better lately."