I hell love you

"You look so handsome!"

Isaac was trying on a suit his stepfather bought him.

"I want to wear it on Friday."

"No objections. The girls will love you."

"I don't care about 'the girls'." He came to me and gave me a kiss. I think things are getting a bit wrong with us...

"You're not my boyfriend."

"I know."

"Why are you acting like this, then?"

"1: I am not acting. 2: You kissed me back last night(because you want me)."

"1:I don't want you.2: take your suit off, let me iron it."

"Fine. Suit off."

He started unbuttoning his shirt, revealing for the thousandth time his perfect abs.

"Staring, huh? I think I will need to take my pants off, too. If you want to iron the suit..."

"Stop being dirty, it's not you."

So I basically went up to him and kissed him again, my hands resting on his chest.

"Stop distracting me and let me iron your clothes."

"God, it's both hilarious and dramatic. You are so broken. Alex has torn you apart, hasn't he? You are acting so differently. 5 months ago, you wouldn't let anyone touch you, for nothing in the world. Now, you're all over me. I'm not saying it as a bad thing, I am just noticing. You need love, don't you? You need to feel loved. And you know I love you. I love you because you are my best friend. And I am just as broken as you are, just so you know. So don't believe I don't need love. But I don't think we can find the "lovers' love" in each other. We are meant to be just friends. But still, there are moments when I want to slam the fucking door and kiss you and make out with you. But I see your intelligent, innocent face and I realize:"I will break her even more". Sorry, I don't really know what one should understand from my speech. I hell love you."

"I hell love you, too. But just that."

"You got it... I don't want to be your boyfriend."

"Pretending I wanted to be your girlfriend, why wouldn't that happen?"

"Because our friendship wouldn't exist anymore and because I am going to break your heart."

"How do you know?"

"I just know myself."

From that moment, things became normal again. We stopped kissing and sexually teasing each other. And something new came around, too. Isaac was packing some shorts as I was ironing his shirt when he said:

"Phoebe?"

"What?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I hell love you."

"I hell love you too."

"I hell hell love you."

I put the iron down and raised my head to face him.

"I hell hell love you too."

He smiled and continued to pack.

***

My phone starts ringing. I try to open my eyes and see who the hell is calling so early. Fail, I just pick up without looking.

"H..hello?"

"I HELL LOVE YOU PHOEBE PHILLIS, WAKEEEEEEE UPPPP!"

"Isaac, what time is it?"