You drunkard...

Not once in my boring life have I felt so powerless. He was, indeed, an irregular rock star. I felt powerless in front his words, as if everything he said was holy, sent from God. If I were a boy, I wouldn't have been so patient with a girl like me and I surely wouldn't have the balls to talk to her the way he talks to me. I spent the whole night reading Alex Turner fan fiction, just to see other people's impressions about him. God.. He was always the bad guy who fell in love with the good girl, or the violent type, or the rude type, or the mysterious type. To me, all these categories reflect an ugly misunderstanding. Alex was not an obsessed-of-sex teenager, as so many fan girls portray him. He wasn't rude, nor violent, nor mysterious. The only truth I've read was that he is broken. Yes. That is one great truth I can confirm.

He had once been a deeply unhappy person. He didn't need to say anything in particular to make me understand that. When I asked him about his life in Sheffield, he dodged most of the questions with the ability of a football player:

"Did you have many friends in Sheffield?"

"Eh, nobody cares about other people, hunny."

For such an answer, a whole new talk would develop, so I would forget asking anything about his kind of Sheffield for a while.

"Alex, what do you miss the most?"

"I miss the trees, maybe the birds or just the sun. Kidding, of course."

He'd only smile when he'd talk and, in a special way, he'd make me feel important. Important because all his attention would be focused on me. However, during these moments, his eyes would widen and would shatter a bit. They would stop, watching me intensely, paralyzed and than they would go back to their regular rythm of movement. I would, ever so slightly, notice profound sadness.

It's 9... I wake up feeling dizzy and nauseous, but nothing in the world would actually make me skip the boys' session at Radio 5. After washing, eating and taking Ben out, I comfortably installed in the bed with all my electronics and my coffee- far worse than Fifi's specialty- and took Ben in my lap, turning on the radio. Perfect timing. The fresh voice of the radio host announced today's guests:

"Our guests today are profoundly going to please the ladies. Arctic Monkeys in our studio, ladiessss! Welcome, boys!He said , hissing the words with utter content.

"Good morning, everyone!" They shouted at unison, sounding all cheerful and energetic.

I started smiling like an idiot when I heard Alex's cough in the background. I swear, it got me all tensed and awake.

"So, lads, how's your tour going?" The host asks.

"Well, it's like a teenage dream. I for one have always wished to have a band and go on tours and sing my lungs out and all, but, as it had happened at our other album promotion tours, we feel pro. So everything's going great." Alex answers.

I kept smiling, obviously. When Ben heard Alex's voice, he started waving his tail, got up and looked at me in a very cute way. He looked as if he were saying 'that's the guy from last night, oh my God, he is wonderful!'. I kind of kept smiling like a stupid teenage girl. No, I a won't say the 'l' word. I do not like or '_ove' Alex. We're just friends. Ugh, that really sounds like YA fiction. No, just keep in mind all that rock star thing. Keep in mind everything I told him.

"What are you playing today, guys? Anything from your AM album?"

"Well, we've thought of a song from AM and I for one would like to sing Stuck on the Puzzle. It is a song that was included on the Submarine soundtrack, a great movie, a lot like Catcher in the Rye. I mean, if it were a movie after that book, it would have been a lot like this one, Submarine." Alex says, coughing here and there, clearly from all those cigarettes he smokes.