We are the Arctic Monkeys

"Hello, y'all! I'm Alex Turner and we are the Arctic Monkeys."

We arrived at VidCon and scattered in the huge room. Isaac and I were halfway to the stage. A round of applause and cheers exploded as Alex took a pause to present Matt, Jamie and Nick.

"We're here to please you today."Alex says, causing another rush of applause to burst from the crowd.

"Also, you might be even helping me today." He continues, starting to play the wonderful I bet that you look good on the dance floor. I loved that song, so I started singing along with Isaac and all the other fans. Some pairs started dancing like crazy. Everyone was already having a great time.

I bet that you look good on the dance floor, don't know if you're looking for romance oh, I don't know what you're looking for... We all sang along, ecstatically.

I couldn't help but stare at him. He was wearing a white T-Shirt and a pair of skinny blue jeans. His hair was spiky, gelled in a quiff, a few short strands falling on his forehead. That made me remember a Lana del Rey song which went something like.. Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn.. Well, basically, to sum up his appearance, he was a real rock star. His right leg was keeping the electric guitar in balance, as the left one patted the rhythm. His mouth was spitting out the words in a less hoarse voice now, and his hands were constantly tackling the guitar's strings. He was also walking around the stage, leaning down to the crowd, adding hip movements here and there, turning the girls on. I was just really anxious. I needed to talk to him after the show. I wanted to.

...dancing to electro pop like a robot.. From 1984, yeah from 1984! The song came to an end, realizing the 1984 reference. 1984, his favorite book...

Great songs like Do I wanna know, No. 1 Party Anthem, 505, Cornerstone, Crying Lightning, Arabella, Black Treacle and many others entertained us for almost an hour and a half. After Snap out of it, the Monkeys stopped, silence overwhelming the room.

"The rock, funny, bouncy part of the show is over now." Alex said, sitting down on a chair. His ragged voice vibrated through the microphone. Suddenly, he pulled his phone out of the pocket. I didn't even notice he had it there. He checks something, a message probably, and smiles satisfied, but contained. He lifts his head. Everyone was wondering if the show is over or something, but than Alex spoke again:

"Here comes the real sentimentalism, folks. Now it's the time to help me out. I am really nervous." Most of the people laughed. "I ain't kiddin'."

Everyone shut up, looking stunned. The great Alex Turner, the cool, the chill, the star Alex Turner was nervous.

"I am telling you from now. I ain't good with words, except the songs I sing."

A shiver ran down through my entire body. This moment is for me. I look at Isaac and notice him watching Alex intensely, a 'come on, the plan is working' smile planted on his face. I look back at Alex and see him staring back at Isaac, slightly nodding. His eyes shift on me.

"Seven months ago I met a girl..."

Everyone started clapping and doing that 'wooooo' sounds, interrupting him.

"...whom I fell in love with at first sight. I was always the one to break the girls' hearts but, although it seemingly didn't happen any differently that particular winter day, she was the one to break mine, for the first time."

He wasn't looking at me anymore, his eyes stopped at every person in the room.

"Boys always believe they're the real heartbreakers. But now I'm asking you.. Why do you feel guilty after you leave the lady? That's because she made you love her. She made you love her for her innocence, or for her intelligence, or for her beauty. Only women can do that. Even if she closes the door behind, she's the one to make you suffer although you're making her suffer, too. That's the real heartbreaking thing. However, as I was saying. I met this girl in a café. The place was full of people who were hiding from the pouring rain. I found myself in the same situation. I remember going to a waitress there and asking if I could sit somewhere. All the tables were full. The only place that was free was at her two-person table. And so it all started."