Chapter 20- Le'Shelle

"That bitch is over there right now?" I ask, and then curse under my breath.

What I wouldn't give for five minutes alone with that retarded muthafucka who thinks she's going to take my spot. My taste for blood these last couple of days has only gotten stronger, and I know that Monie is just the bitch I can feast on to give me the little satisfaction I need.

"She's walking into Momma Peaches's place right now," Kookie tattles.

My eyes cut over toward the bedroom door. Snake is busy talking to McGriff in the living room. Hell, my ass is even doing a mental calculation on the odds of being able to sneak out of this West Memphis crib, float out to Shotgun Row, murk that pregnant monkey, and make it back here before Snake suspects a muthafuckin' thing.

"Fuck. Watch her ass and let me know what happens."

"Cool, girl. You know we got your back." I roll my eyes at that shit.

Anybody who boasts that kind of shit usually is looking for a soft spot to plant a knife.

"Don't talk about it-be about it" is my motto.

"A'ight. Get back at me." I disconnect the call when Kookie shouts.

"What now?"

I ask, irritated. I want to get in Snake's face about all these loose jump-offs he still got floating around here. This foul shit has got to stop.

"Giiirrrl, I hope y'all plan to stay away from down here for a while because Supercop got the whole damn police force down here. They done busted down y'all's door and everything."

My survival instincts kick in, and I sneak another look toward the door.

"Who are they looking for -me or Snake?"

"Snake-from what I hear."

I exhale a quick breath but know all that shit can change if Brielle and her Cartel Lord lover start snitching. I need to find out what the hell is going on with that situation, but no doubt if I pop up, Tracee and Reggie will be in my face bumping their gums and riding my nerves.

"Yo, Kookie. See if you can find Brielle's friend for me."

"Who dat?"

"Um, Jaleesa, I think it is. She stays around the block."

At Kookie's silence, I add,

"Stacy's little sister."

"Oh. A'ight."

"Tell her I need her to peep that situation with Brielle and her man, and then I need for her to get back at me."

"You think she'll do that? I mean, if they friends and all."

"Persuade her ass," I snap.

"If she has a problem fulfilling her obligation to the Queen G family, then put your foot in her ass."

Christopher suddenly appears at the door, looking like an ashy and nappy-headed mess.

"I'm hungry," the bastard whines.

Why didn't Snake grab this nigga some clothes while he was kidnapping muthafuckas? I cut my eyes over at this annoying lil fuck. I can literally feel my blood pressure jump.

"Hold on, Kookie."

I drop my cell phone from my ear and yell, "Tell your damn daddy that you're hungry. I ain't y'all's damn chef and maid up in this bitch!"