Chapter 1- Sasha

I'm seriously fucked. That shit hits home the second I see Snake, my baby's daddy and the leader of the Vice Disciples, kick down my door to see his arch enemy, Fat Ace, head nigga of the Cartel Lords, giving me a good dicking down. I'm stunned and can't move.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Fat Ace jerks out of my pussy and makes a dive toward the nightstand for his piece.

"YOU'RE A DEAD MUTHAFUCKA!"

POW!

Snake's gun sounds like a cannon. I blink out of my trance to dive in the opposite direction just as Fat Ace starts returning fire. Right now, I'm wishing that I didn't keep my own weapon locked in a safety box at the top of my bedroom closet. Judging by the look on Snake's face, Fat Ace and I aren't walking out of this muthafucka alive.

POW! POW! POW!

Snake ducks and twists away from the door before Fat Ace's bullets tear huge chunks out of the door frame. Unfortunately, that leaves me in Snake's direct line of vision. Time crawls the second our gazes connect, while death skips down my spine and wraps itself around my heart.

"No, Snake. Wait," I beg.

I even foolishly lift my hands like a stop sign as if that's really going to enforce a time-out. Snake's black, empty, soulless eyes narrow.At this fucking moment, I'm no different from any other nigga on the street: disposable. I'm already dead to him, and my tears are nothing but water. Fat Ace squeezes off another round.

POW!

POW!

POW!

Wood splinters from the door frame inches above Snake's head, but that doesn't stop him from lifting his Glock and aiming that muthafucka straight at me. I'm a cop and I'm used to plunging headlong into danger, but I don't have a badge pinned to my titties right now, and my courage is pissing out in between my legs.

POW!

POW!

Fat Ace misses again.

"Please. I'm carrying your baby."

As a desperate act, I clutch the small mound below my belly, and I succeed in getting his eyes to drop. To my left, Fat Ace's head whips in my direction. His voice booms like a clap of thunder.

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

I spin my head back toward Fat Ace. Why does it suddenly look like this muthafucka can pass for Snake's twin? Anger rises off of him like steam. I open my mouth but my brain shuts down. It doesn't matter. There are no words that can save me.

"You fucking lying bitch!"

Fat Ace's gun swings away from Snake and toward me, while Snake's gat turns toward Fat Ace. Both pull the trigger at the same time.

POW!

POW!

POW!

POW!

The bullets feel like two heat-seeking missiles slamming into me. I propel backward, and my head hits the wall first. Across the room, Snake's bullets slam into Fat Ace's right side, but the nigga remains on his feet and squeezes out a few more rounds. Shocked, it takes a full second before the pain in my chest and left side has a chance to register. When it does, it's like nothing I've ever felt before. Blood gushes out of my body as I slowly slide down the wall and plop onto the floor.

POW! POW!

Snake shoots the gun out of Fat Ace's hand.

POW!