•Chapter 32•

They both are waiting on who I'm gonna choose.

I walk over to Preston.

"Preston..." I start. "I love you with all my heart. But you cheated on me. I'm sorry but I'm choosing Kenny."

"Okay..." He says sadly. "I don't know if you will want this. But here."

He hands me a little red box. I open it and it's a beautiful diamond ring.

"I was gonna ask you to marry me the day you were going to come home from Savanna's. We were going to go out on a picnic in the woods. I had a secret photographer so he could take a picture of us when I proposed. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. But I guess never mind now." He says.

I stand there frozen.

"Goodbye Mara. I love you." He says.

He kisses me on the forehead and leaves. The room goes silent.

I drop to the ground and start to sob. The love of my life was going to propose to me but I wasn't there. But that doesn't explain why he cheated.

"Guys I just got off the phone with Rob" Lachlan says. "He said that Tess had them at knifepoint and made him do all that stuff and she made him send you the picture and the message so you would break up with him. He was to afraid you wouldn't believe him to tell you."

I start crying harder.

"Why. Why. Why. " I cry. "Why couldn't he had told me sooner? I could have been marrying him. JUST WHY."

I just sit there and cry. I run out of the house and run down the driveway hoping he would still be there but it was to late. I drop down on my knees and cry into my sleeves. Kenny was running behind me. 

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I sob.

"I'm sorry."

"Can you take me to the condo?" I asks. "I'm not gonna go in, I have a spot that I like to sit when I'm sad."

He nods and drives me to the condo.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asks

"No. I'll text you when I want to be picked up." I say.

He nods and leaves.

I walk out to the forest area and sit down. I tweet.

If you want to talk you know where I'll be.

It was directed towards Preston. A few minutes later I hear footsteps coming towards me. He sits down next to me.

"I thought you might want this... It's a bit chilly..." Preston says handing me his blue sweatshirt.

I look at him and then I hug him. I cry into his shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cry.

"I was afraid you wouldn't believe me. Like no! It's not what it looks like she was holding me at knifepoint. Which she was! I have proof."

He lifts up his shirt and there are little cuts on his side.

"She was poking me with the knife through my shirt." He says.

"I'm sorry." I hug him again.

"It's okay. I have you back right?"

"I'm still dating Kenny.  He doesn't know I'm talking to you right now."'

"Do you actually like him?" He asks.

"Yeah, but it's like how I like the whole entire pack. I'm always going to like them. But.. I love you. "

"I love you too." He smiles.

"I'm breaking up with Kenny."

"Okay."

🐙Kenny. I really like you. You asked me out when I was really vulnerable. I was hurting and I wanted to feel something again. I'm sorry but Preston and I made up.
🐢 oh... Okay... Um... Please remember that I love you. And I would never do anything to hurt you.
🐙 I know. I love you too kenworth.
🐢 I'll see you soon. Text me when you need a ride.
🐙 okay.

*end of conversation*

I lay on Preston's shoulder for a while and then he grabs my phone and stand up. 

"Do you have the ring on you?" He asks me.

"Yeah" I say giving him the ring box.

He puts my phone on a tree and angles it so it hits both of us. He puts it on a setting that will take a bunch of pictures at the same time. The time counts down.

He gets down on one knee.

I gasp even though I knew it was going to happen.

"Mara will you make me the happiest man alive by marrying me?" He asks looking up at me.

"Yes."

He puts the ring on my finger and stands up and hugs me. He spins me around in circles. 

"I love you so much Mara." He says.

"I love you too Preston."