•Chapter 26•

"Did you know she was depressed?" I get woken up by one of the counselors talking to Preston.

"Yeah. But she's been doing so well. She didn't even have to take her medicine anymore." Preston says.

"Then what caused this horrible relapse?"

"Long story." He begins. "I'm a famous YouTuber, and we met at a convention with the group of guys I record with. I immediately fell in love with her. Apparently my friend Vikk did too. We have been dating for over 5 years and we have 2 beautiful children. And yesterday Vikk was at my condo and I left with a couple of friends to go to the store so Mara and Vikk were alone. One of my friends girlfriends who came to the store with me was getting really nervous because she had left her first kid alone with Mara and Vikk. I took her back to the condo and when she got up there Vikk had Mara pinned against a wall. My friend texted me and told me I had to get there right away. I came home and Mara was crying and Vikk was on the floor. Savanna, my friends girlfriend who wanted to go back had punched him. I asked her what happened and she explained it to me and I didn't believe her and I told her to get out and to leave. She wanted to bring the kids with her but I wouldn't let her. She went to Savanna's house and just fell into a deep depression. All she did was cry. She couldn't become happy because I was the only person who made her happy when she was sad. But when she thought of me all she would do was cry. My friend Lachlan tolde that Vikk has been trying to make a move on here ever since he saw her. I didn't want to believe it. I've been friends with him for over 10 years. But hearing it from Lachlan made me think differently. Her friend Savanna came to my house and started screaming at me, she left Mara alone at her house and that's when she tried to... You know..."

"It's sounds like you got quite the love story there." The counselor says.

"Yeah, I do." He says taking my hand not knowing that I'm awake.

"Could you wake her so I may speak with her?"

"Hey babes? There is a man here who would like to talk to you." Preston says 'waking' me up.

"Good morning." I smile and stretch.

Preston pecks my lips and sits back down.

"Hello Mara, I am your psychological doctor. Counselor, psychiatrist call it what you may. But I would like to ask you a few questions. "

"Okay"

"When you first met Preston how did you feel?"

"I felt so nervous, happy, excited, really Nervous."

"Why did you feel nervous ?"

"Because he was the love of my life. I didn't want to mess anything up."

"Okay, has Preston ever forced you to do something you haven't wanted to do?"

"No, he's been really good with that."

"Has he ever made physical contact with you that hurt you?"

"Once, but it was an accident he was drunk he proposed and I reject him."

"Ah, when you found out you were pregnant how did Preston take it?"

"He was overjoyed. He was so excited and so was i."

"When Preston told you to leave how did that make you feel?"

" I was devastated, the man who I was in love with for 8 years kicked me out without access to my children."

"Prior to you coming here I realize That you wanted to kill yourself. What happened?"

"I started to get theses voices in my head telling me that I needed to leave and get out. That I could get away from everything. I was so numb and useless. I just wanted to be happy again and I knew if Preston didn't forgive me I new I would never be again."

I start to tear up.

"Okay that's enough for today. You are under a 72 hour suicide watch, which means you can't be in a room by yourself for 72 hours. If Preston isn't in here you need a nurse to be. Press this button if you ever find yourself alone." He says giving me a red button that calls out to the nurses stand out in the lobby.

"Okay, thank you" I say.

He nods and leaves. Preston walks back in and sits down.

"I'm so sorry." He says.

"You're okay." I say putting my hand through his hair.

He looks up at me with those big brown eyes. I feel like I'm falling for him over and over again. I just stare into his eyes. He smiles.

"Sorry." I say putting my head down.

He puts a finger under my chin and looks me in the eyes.

"Please never leave me." He says.

"I won'-" he cuts me off by kissing me.

He backs away and looks at me. He unwraps my bandages on my wrists and looks at the cuts. He sighs.

"Do I really mean that much to you?" He asks tearing up.

"I couldn't live without you."