Confessions Part 2

Two weeks later and Draco had never found the time to tell Harry how he really felt. The anticipation was eating him up and he just wanted to be Harry's. They were in double potions together and Harry noticed him acting strangely. They were copying down notes so Harry turned to him.

"Draco, are you alright?" He whispered. He looked Harry in the eyes, Harry wearing a concerned expression. Draco kept an emotionless face when he nodded. "Okay just making sure." They continued writing notes until class was over and Draco turned to Harry.

"Harry?" Draco kept a serious tone.

"Hmm?" Harry responded.

"Is there somewhere we can be alone tonight?" Draco asked. Their one month probation was lifted when Professor McGonagall noticed a change in their behavior.

"This morning wasn't enough for you?" Harry teased causing Draco to snort.

"No I just need to talk to you." Draco met Harry's eyes and Harry nodded.

"Okay yeah um how about the Astronomy tower?"

"Perfect, 9?" Draco asked. Harry nodded and the two walked out. Harry made his way to charms as Draco had a free period.

In charms Harry started day dreaming as he was seated next to Ron. I wonder what Draco wants to talk about. He did seem pretty certain that he wanted to talk about something. Maybe he wants to stop seeing me. Maybe he's ready to come out and he wants me to help. There are all these possibilities. I wish I knew but I had a good 10 hours to figure out what was wrong.

"Mr. Potter!" Professor Flitwick called. "What is a non-verbal spell?" He asked.

"Um it's when you don't say the incantation aloud." Harry answered.

"Can you give us an example of one?" He asked. "This should be review from last year." Harry nodded.

"Ron, stand up!" Harry whispered. Ron made a confused face but did. Harry pointed his wand at Ron and focused on the non verbal spell. Ron was hoisted in the air and was hanging by his ankle.

"Harry!" Ron yelled. "This isn't funny." He huffed as the class giggled.

"Very well Mr. Potter." Harry lowered his wand and Ron fell.

"Sorry." Harry muttered and then the two took a seat.

Draco was studying in the library when a familiar red head took a seat next to him.

"Hello Draco, how are you today?" She asked.

"I told him we needed to talk." Draco rushed out. "I'm scared, little red."
"Well how did he take it when you say you needed to talk?"She asked.

"He said okay." Draco said. "He seemed okay."

"Well good luck, I'm sure it'll be okay." She assured. There were whispers around the two. "You know, even after two weeks people think we're sleeping together." She chuckled.

"They're just rumors." Draco shrugged.

"Yeah but people can't think the Slytherin Prince is shagging me when he most certainly is not." She said. Her eyes scanned the library before spotting a person. "I'll put these rumors to an end." She got up and Draco watched as she approached a girl who was also in Ravenclaw. Martha smiled and said hi to the girl before promptly pulling her into a kiss. Draco gasped and watched her. She pulled away, smiled and walked back over to him.

"Well that should end everything." Martha smiled.

"But people will- whatever." Draco dropped it. "What are you doing here anyway?" He asked her.

"Well I had Herbology but Professor Sprout wasn't feeling too well so they said we could have a free period." Martha told Draco. "Well I'm going to leave you be now because everyone is staring at me now." She blushed. "Feel free to come by after you talk to Harry and tell me how it went." Draco grinned and nodded. Martha got up and walked out of the library.

***

Draco was already at the top of the astronomy tower when Harry arrived. Draco was sitting with his feet dangling when Harry took a seat next to him.

"It's sort of weird you know." Harry started. "We don't actually ever have a conversation."

"Yeah."Draco nodded and gulped. His voice was filled with nerves. He looked at Harry and just imagined his reaction.

"Harry I think I might be in love with you." Draco said and Harry's eyes widened.

"Really me?" Harry reacted. He started laughing. "Why?"
"Because you're so... so different." Draco said.

"I've been getting that my whole life."

"Well how do you feel about me?"

"I like you as a friend and what we've been doing." Harry told Draco. "But if you want to stop because of how you feel, we should." Draco nodded.

"Thank you Harry."

"Draco?" Harry asked snapping him from his thoughts.

"Yeah I'm sorry, what I wanted to tell you was-."

"Draco I think I'm in love with you!" Harry blurted out.

"W-what?" Draco was caught off guard and he stuttered.

"Yeah I know, it's just we've been spending a lot of time together and I just grew so attracted to you." Harry told him. He looked at a stunned Draco. His mouth was open and he looked disgusted. "I'm sorry."
"Well you should be Potter." Draco snapped, standing up quickly. "I didn't sleep with you for you to fall in love with me."

"What? I didn't mean-"
"You didn't mean to fall for me Potter but you did." Malfoy sneered disgusted. "I was actually going to tell you we should stop doing this whole thing."

"What why?" Harry asked standing up. 

"Because I was afraid you were getting too close to me."

"But-"

"But nothing." Draco's face was unemotional. "Bye Scarhead." With that he walked away and left Harry stunned.

Draco ran down the stairs tears staining his face. Why the fuck did I just do that? He asked himself. He ran all the way to the Ravenclaw house. He knocked on the door when someone opened it. He screamed at them to get Martha and when Martha came out, she was surprised to see him crying.

Harry reluctantly made his way back to his tower. He didn't he realize he was crying until he walked into the common room.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Hermione jumped up from the armchair. Harry just shook his head and walked to his dorm. Ron was in his own bed and noticed Harry was crying right away.

"Harry?" He questioned, looking incredibly alarms. "Are you alright?" Harry just shook his head and Ron walked over to him. He wrapped the smaller boy in a hug and let him cry into his chest.

The next morning, Harry still refused to talk about what happened. Once he and his best friends made it to the Great Hall, he spotted Draco. The two boys made eye contact and Draco's face stiffened with anger. He sneered at Harry but deep down he knew wasn't angry at Harry, but angry at himself.