Royal Pain in the Ass

Hello, I am new to this site, and am being shown the ropes still. I hope you enjoy. :)

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter I: Welcome to my Life

I've worked since the month after I turned sixteen. I've been working my way through college, and I graduate next month. My only regret is that Mom won't be there to see it. She died last spring. Mom was all the family I had. Her parents disowned her when she came back from her study abroad program and realized she was pregnant. I've never met my father. Hell, I don't even know his name. Thanks to Mom's life insurance policy I now own the home I grew up in. I also work. I'm a manager in a fast food chain. It's not a great job, the customers usually suck, but most of my crew are pretty decent. Some of them are pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, I work with idiots, but they're fun idiots.

Well, technically, I should have graduated in the spring, but after Mom died, I asked for if I could take an incomplete. Given the circumstances, I was allowed to take the rest of my exams over the Summer Term. Luckily all of my professors were really understanding. I've finished my exams and I officially passed my last college classes. I signed up for graduation, but I don't know if I want to walk. I don't quite know what I want to do anymore. I've debated getting my MFA, a masters degree in fine arts. I double majored in music performance and literature, so maybe continuing in literature. I really was lacking in motivation.

I'd finally met my grandparents. They came to Mom's funeral. They tried to all of a sudden be there for me. You spend over twenty years ignoring me and your daughter because she had the nerve to fall in love and make a baby. That bitch, right? You come home and your parents tell you to get the hell out and not come back. Yeah, because I need people like that in my life. Then something incredible happened. Something I never would have expected in a million years. A letter was hand delivered to my door, I had to sign for it and anything. To my greatest surprise it was addressed as so:

Miss Juliet Anastasia Victoria Benn

I never used my full name. I didn't recognize the ornate scrawl. There was no return address and it was sealed with a wax seal. Seriously, who does that? I opened it and in the same scrawl that had written my name was this letter.

Dearest Juliet,

My deepest sympathies to hear of the loss of Rose. She was a treasure, and the world is truly a darker place without her. I wish I had known she was ill, I would have sent word sooner. It is my greatest wish that we should meet. I offer you my personal hospitality at your earliest convenience. Send word care of return post when you wish to come to my humble home and I will send transportation for you.

Sincerely Yours,

Duke of Windsor

James Eastgate

I stared at the letter for days. At first I was laughing, thinking it was all a joke. Then I began to wonder if it really was. I didn't know what to make of it until another letter came for me, one with the same seal as the other letter.

Dearest Juliet,

I am wondering if you doubt my intentions. I need to speak with you. Please allow me a chance to explain. There is so much I want to talk to you about. I have a present for you when you arrive.

Sincerely Yours,

Duke of Windsor

James Eastgate

I decided to take a chance and I sent a letter back.

Dear Duke of Windsor,

Is that what I should call you? I have no idea who you are or why you would want to talk to me, but okay. You knew my mother? How? I really have no idea what to say, or write, or whatever. I guess I could come see you, but where? And more importantly why?

Juliet Benn

Two weeks later another letter came in the mail.

Dearest Juliet,

I am thrilled to hear from you! I knew your mother many years ago, she was truly a radiant woman. I am reluctant to say why I wish to see you, as it has yet to be proven. From what I have found out you are truly like her. Whenever you are ready I will send a private jet to you.

Sincerely Yours,

Duke of Windsor

James Eastgate

I wrote him a letter saying I had graduation to go to, but I would be willing to come after that. It gave me a month to get everything prepared. I took a leave of absence from work, I let my friend rent out a room from my house under strict rules and she was going to be watching my beloved puppy. Well, he had been a puppy, now he was 95 pounds of adorable. My German shepherd, Loki. I warned her that if anything happened to Loki, even if it wasn't her fault, that I would kill her. Then I packed my bags and boarded a plane to England.

I grew up in sunny Florida. I've never lived more than thirty minutes of the beach, and I had never been out of the country short of my spring break cruise to Mexico my junior year of college. This was a whole new kind adventure. I just hoped I was ready for it.

_______________________________________________________________

:)

This book has now been published and the rest of this book is now available on Amazon and Kindle. If you don't have a Kindle but have a smart phone or tablet, you can download the app for free. You can find my book by its name Royal Pain in the Ass or by my name Heather Trudy. Enjoy!