Bones/McCoy

You walk down to the medbay calmly typing on your PADD. You had the night shift well Doctor McCoy was off. Ever silence your first day on the Enterprise you have had a tiny (super huge) crush on McCoy but seeing as you worked night shifts he was bound not to notice you.

You sighed as you entered the medbay and walked towards your office. There was never much going on during the night so normally you just read a book or caught up on the latest news during your shift. Sometimes you didn't even really come in.

The sign on your door saying Doctor (y/l/n) was normally slightly slanted, well that's how you left it. Bones had a tendency of straitening it as he walked by. All the nurses said he was OCD but you didn't mind you found it cute.

You unlocked your door and walked over to your desk. There was a small purple flower and a note sitting in your chair. You picked it up and it read.

"Dear Doctor (y/l/n),

Hello, you may not exactly know me but my name is Dr. McCoy or Bones. Ugh I know this may be a little stupid seeing as we've never really met but I wanted to let you know that I enjoy straitening your sign every day. It has become a habit that I hope you to find entertaining. I was hoping we could maybe meet sometime.

Bones"

Oh My GOSH! He wanted to meet with you! You put on your doctor face and went back into the hall.

"Excuse me? Nurse Stewart? Do we currently have any patients?" You asked trying to contain the fact that you were mentally freaking out.

"No ma'am." She answered smiling

"Alright then, if you don't mind I am going to head back to my quarters. I'll pop back in later. Can you take it from here?" You asked

"Yes ma'am" she answered

"Alright Nurse Stewart. Thank you. have a good night and call me if you need me ok?" You said as you went out the door.

/////////////////

Bones lay in bed nervously biting his lip. Would (y/n) think the note was stupid? How would she even respond?

She was so beautiful and flawless. She probably didn't even notice him apart from the fact that he was CMO. She always had the night shift and they had never even worked with her. Every now an then he would see her in the food court. Sometimes he would even here her talk.

Ohhhh how he loved it when she talked. She had the voice of an angel and he already knew she was smart. He heard from the nurses that one time she preformed surgery right in the middle of an ongoing attack of the ship.

He laid his head on his pillow and dreamt of nothing but the beautiful (y/n).

////////////////

You woke up in the morning for the first time in forever and started to get ready. You brushed your hair and pinned it in a braid across your forehead. Then did your make up. Nothin to fancy just a little here and there mostly to enhance your eyes for they were your best feature.

Since you weren't working you slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans a Doctor Who t shirt and black converse. Yeah you liked black but hey every one has there favorite color.

You grabbed your PADD and laptop case and made your way back to the medbay grabbing coffee on the way. You were going to go in to 'do some paperwork' and stop by Bones office on the way.

As you entered you smiled at the night nurses who were finishing there shift. You saw the light in McCoys office was already on. You made your way towards it and nocked on the door. McCoy looked up.

"Hi um...... I got your note and was coming in to do paperwork and just thought Id stop by and um say thanks and to ask if you'd like to grab a cup of coffee some time?" You said barely whispering the last part

His face seamed to light up. "Yeah-yes Id love to." He said smiling his southern accent melting you.

This would be the start to something beautiful.

///////////////

A/N

Hello guys. I hope you liked it. I'm not gonna lie I live Bones/ McCoy so there might be a lot of him, but I'll try an even it out. Yes I'll take request for just about anything. And yes I made the cover and yes it sucks so yeah 😏 I try.

Please comment and vote!

- Mari