Chapter 18

Hiccup's POV

Astrid was staring at me, asking what was going on! I couldn't tell her, could I?

"I-I can't tell you! I have to go, bye!" I ran past Elsa and sped out the door.

"Hey wait! Hiccup!" Astrid rushed out the door after me! I rushed around the corner and through the halls, darting into and out of rooms. I looked behind me, and I had lost her! I stopped and took a breath. I tested my hand against the wall and looked at the floor, taking heavy breaths. I thought I was safe.

"Hello, Hiccup."

Jack's POV

"Hiccup!" I yelled, but he was gone. I sighed and sat back down on the bed. Elsa closed the door and walked over to me.

"What was that all about? What's going on?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing," I said, looking down.

"Not nothing. There's something going on. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I'm not as demanding as Astrid, but I know that something's bothering you."

"Yeah, you're right. There is."

"Let me guess... Tooth?"

"How'd you know?"

"It was kind of obvious Jack, to be honest. You were acting really weird." I laughed.

"Yeah, I was, wasn't I?" She smiled and nodded.

"Well, Tooth has always had a huge crush on me. Ever since we were kids, actually. I mean, she's nice and all, but..."

"But what?"

"I'm... dating someone. Someone named Hiccup."

Hiccup's POV

"Tooth?"

"Yes. Walk with me, Hiccup." I looked up to see her cross armed, staring down at me, her face molded into a serious expression. This was not the same girl. Was it?

"Okay..." Should I trust her? Maybe talking to her would help me get a sense of why Jack dislikes her so much, so I guess I will, for now. She turned around and started walking, so I caught up to her.

"I'm going to tell you a little secret, Haddock," she said with her chest puffed out and her brow lowered.

"Jack Frost is not who you think he is."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he comes off so innocent, just a little shy nerd, right?"

"Uhh..."

"Well, he didn't use to be like that. He used to be a cool kid. He was captain of the football team, he always sat in the back of the class to talk with his friends, he was the most popular kid in school." Jack used to be popular?

"And that was fine for a while. Everyone seemed to like him fine. Even the teachers were caught under his spell. But eventually, things went sour."

"Sour?"

"Very. He became obsessed with power. He collected a group of girls who would do anything he asked them to. He paid had a team of honor students to hack into the school system and change his grades. He was indestructible." This didn't sound like Jack! He wouldn't do any of that!

"I decided that if he kept being like he was, he would eventually send everything into chaos, so I pretended to be one of his 'fangirls'. I followed him around every day, until the point that he hated me so much that he figured out a way to transfer schools. Everything went back to normal for a while, until high school. We ended up in the same high school in senior year, and he remembered me. And oh, how he wanted revenge. He hated me with all of his heart. So he got back at me in a way I could've never imagined possible."