Chapter 19

Jack's POV

What was I doing? I wasn't supposed to tell her, or anyone! What would Hiccup think?

"Really? I wouldn't have ever guessed!"

"It's true."

"So you're worried Tooth will get in the way of you two, huh?" I nodded.

"Hey, I have an idea."

Hiccup's POV

"WHAT??? You said that he did something terrible!!! I mean, breaking your heart isn't great, but seriously? Tooth, come on!" I yelled.

"Hey, let me finish!"

"Alright, but this better be good."

"So it was the Valentine's Day dance. For some reason, his date had left early, and he was alone. I didn't have a date at all because I planned not to go, but at the last minute I decided to go. We were basically the two only people without a date, and he seemed really lonely, so I went to talk to him, even though I still hated him a little. He told me that his date left early, and that he was feeling lonely. Then, out of the blue, he grabbed my hand and ran to the dance floor! We danced and talked until the night was over. I was really startled at first, but the more I got to know him, the more I liked him."

Wait, but Jack was gay! What? This confused me a lot, but there had to be some sort of explanation.

"Okay, and?"

"Well, I expected him to say something like, 'I had a great time with you tonight, see you tomorrow', or something like that, but instead, he told me that the night should keep going, so we drove to my house. We decided to watch a movie, so we went into the den. As soon as the movie started, he started taking selfies of us and texting them to somebody. About halfway through, he left to go get popcorn. He never came back. The next day I tried to clear it up with him, but he just ignored me. I was really confused and sad for a while, because I didn't know what he did."

This does not sound like Jack. Not at all.

"I was very confused for a couple of weeks, and I decided I should get over it. And in this span of time, he got a new girlfriend and forgot all about me. But then she broke up with him, and suddenly he paid attention to me again, but a few days later, he was back with his girl. This went on for a while, until I finally figured it out. He had used me to make the other girl jealous, and I was furious. But then I was just really depressed. And all through the rest of the year, I just felt like a tool. And not only that, but it happened to me after that too, frequently I might add. And now I know that that was the thing that sparked this. I've never been in a real relationship because of him. And I want my revenge."

What? Impossible! Not only would he NEVER do that, but he also never has liked girls, because he's gay! He told me so himself! This just didn't add up. I needed the truth. But for now, I needed to get away from Tooth. So lying seemed to be the best option.

"Ah. So maybe he isn't what he seems after all..." I lied. "I'm going to confront him about this. Don't worry Tooth, leave it to me. I'll tell you what I find out."

"Good. We'll meet up tonight. Sound good?"

"Alright. Catch you later, Tooth."

"Hiccup! I finally found you! Jack really wants to talk to you!" Elsa screamed from down the hall.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I yelled back, and I turned my back on Tooth.