Chapter 6

Hiccup's POV

Uh-oh. I recognized him. North Pole. He was my high school PE teacher. S**t. I always ditched class, and even when I didn't I always did terribly. I'm in for it now.

"Hiccup Haddock. I see you've joined us, and you're already making yourself at home. I have a word of advise for you, ditcher. Don't cross my path. I have control over everyone and everything in this facility. The tables can turn for you very quickly. Watch your back." He motioned for me and Jack to come up. I was totally terrified, but I didn't let that show, unlike Jack. He was sweating so much I thought the place was going to flood. But I needed to keep my image, even with him.

"Hiccup, introduce yourself and why you're here, and then introduce your roommate too, unless he wants to do that himself."

"Hiccup Haddock. 20. Alcohol addiction." I shoved Jack on the shoulder. He got the hint.

"Jack Frost. 20. Umm... classified." He blushed out of embarrassment. North looked at him quizzically.

"Classified. We'll leave it at that," he said. "These guys are new here. We're showing him the ropes today. Don't feel shy guys! We're welcoming once you get to know us. Now take your seats again and finish your breakfast. We have a long day ahead of us." We returned to our seats, and North and the others came to their respective tables, including Bunnymund.

"I hear you and the big man have a history, Haddock," Bunnymund said as I sat down. "You better watch your back. You've already got a bad reputation, so don't screw up. Now eat. I'm taking you on a tour next." We finished our breakfast, which was probably the blandest food I've ever tasted. I actually missed my dad's terrible fish a little now.

"Come on, newbies. We're going on a tour."

Jack's POV

"So you know about the mess hall. I don't need to show you anything about that. You know where the boys' dorms are. The girls' dorms are on the other side of the building, but we won't be going there. Our fist stop is the visitors room." Visitors room? Would I get visitors? I hope so. We walked over to the front desk again, and through another door in the room to a room with a glass shield and chairs, like a prison.

"This is probably the only time you'll be on this side of the glass. After today, you're forbidden to go to the waiting room." We left quickly. He locked the door behind us, and locked the door from the waiting room to the dorms too. I guess I wouldn't be going there again.

"Now we're going to the conference rooms. Hiccup, you'll be here a lot with our counselor, Gobber." We walked to neatly kept rooms with nice whiteboards and crisp leather chairs. These were too nice compared to the rest of the building. Huh. Hiccup was lucky he would be spending time here.

"Now we're going to the outdoor facilities." We went through a huge metal door to a dirt-covered field. I had to shield the sun with both my hands. It was so bright out here! I eventually adjusted. There was a large fence surrounding the area. There was one lone tree standing inside the fence, but it was too far away from it to jump to the other side, or even onto the top of the fence. It looked like a cherry blossom tree. It was like a prison, but with a tree, and the fence looked slightly less... menacing.

"Jack, you'll be spending a lot of time out here." Why would I be doing anything out here? That made no sense! Oh well, at least I get some fresh air.

"We've got one more place to see. That's the main room." We went back inside and went to the biggest room I've ever seen! It was huge!!! There were four sections, three marked with colors, red, yellow and blue, and one black. I knew that each color was for a leader, but what was the black section for?

"I bet you're wondering what the black section is. It's the common space, or more truthfully put, the war zone. Each of the three leaders' groups are fiercely competitive with each other. They met there... to fight."