Chapter 4

Jack's POV

We had been sitting in a dark, damp room for a half hour. A lady at a desk tapped away at a computer. She had told us to wait until another one came. I didn't quite know what 'another one' meant.

"Jackson, don't think you're getting out of here." I wasn't sure where I was, or what was happening, honestly. "This is where you're staying for a while, and even after you're out, I'm not taking you back. You're on your own." I was nervous, and scared. I wasn't really registering what she was saying. I was more worried about the boy who had just walked in the door.

Hiccup's POV

The first person I saw when I walked in was a scrawny little boy with snowy hair and sweat rolling down his face. What a loser. What is he doing here?

"Oh, another one. Great. You two are roommates now. Follow me." What!!! He was my roommate now?! Oh god, this is going to be a long year.

Jack's POV

What?!! This guy, this guy with tattoos and a lip ring, this guy with naturally laid-back hair, this guy who was clearly drunk, was going to be my roommate for the next YEAR??? Oh no. Oh no! OH GOD NO!!!

"Why do I have to be roommates with him?" Good, he felt the same way. I wasn't going to dare say it though.

"Because I said so. Come on." She grabbed my wrist and started walking down the hall. I shook her off, but kept walking. The other guy kept sneering at me. I looked away.

"Down this way are the dorms. You guys will have the room in the back of the hallway." We walked all the way to the back. She pulled a ring of keys out of her pocket, and instantly found the key to the room. Something told me she did this too often. She pushed the door open and shoved us in.

"Get some sleep. Tomorrow will be your first day. We'll wake you up. We'll tell you what to do. That's all." She shut the door and I could hear it lock. Uh-oh.

Hiccup's POV

"So what's your name, twerp?" He was nervous. Too nervous.

"Umm... Jackson? Jackson Frost."

"No. You're not Jackson. You're Jack now. It sounds cooler."

"Umm... okay... and what's your-"

"Hey, I ask the questions. I'm the boss here. You do what I tell you. You follow my rules. Got it?"

"Yes." He took his suitcase to the farther bed.

"No. You sleep here. Closer to the door." He moved.

"Good. Now what's in your suitcase, Frost?" I could tell he didn't want to, but he hesitantly unzipped his suitcase. Preppy clothes. Sketches. Some weird coffee mug. Nothing I could use. Damnit.

"Can we go to sleep now?" "No. Tell me what this is." I pointed to a sketch of some weird pen thing.

"That's a pen that can write in multiple languages. I was working on it at home."

"First thing's first, there is no, 'at home', anymore. This is where you are, so it's your home. Get some sleep. You're going to need it."