Extended Summary

Xavier Sutton is the boy who feels like a black hole, like his heart was only made for swallowing emotion. His life is a constant stream of letting down the people around him leading to a disastrous relationship with friends, family, and loved ones. There's nothing he would change about that though. He dreams of reliving the crash which took away his chance at something special. He envies those around him who think they have it all figured out. His need to swallow things has caused him to implode inwards. The one thing he does have are his night time drives.

Garth Vega is the boy who wears eyeliner who dreams of escape. Escape in its purest form. Admiring the talents of legends like Houdini, Garth dreams for a chance to make it out of this life. Caged behind his own repressed feelings of low self-worth and snide remarks, he fears that he might never make it out of Virginia alive. Accustomed to the abuse of his peers and his much larger father, Garth feels trapped in a world that neither understands him, nor appreciates him for what he is truly worth. His tight bond with the art of escapology is the only thing that makes life bearable.

When their two worlds combine spectacularly, Xavier and Garth begin to develop a bond, one that transcends basic human instinct. Where Xavier fights, Garth takes flight. As their worlds begin to merge into one, how can either be sure of what they really want.