Chapter 9

*Zayn's POV*

 I parked my car in my regular space.It's right behind the building to the side near some bushes.

I was making my way inside of the building where everything goes down. I had to come with the lads,but i didn't want them to get hurt.It's better if i take the fault.

I was walking out of the elevator and made my way down the hallway into the office. "G'evening.I have an appointment with Mr.Stone." i said to the lady at the front desk. "Alright, you can walk right on in." she said with a smile. I nodded and walked into the room. He was on his phone talking to some guy saying,"Look if you got the money great, if you don't I'm going to send one of my guys to.Simple as that. Got it?" He then hung up the phone. Mr.Stone turned around and faced me. "Aww yes. Zayn. That's right. You were going to stop by today. Well alright, explain yourself for not coming on time today and how YOU out of all people were not supposed to be late. Oh,and I'm not worried about the other guys. They weren't really important. You know Niall,Harry,and all of them came by to check in with me.Take a wild guess why they still came on time." I stayed silent. Unable to respond. "I'll answer that." he said "They all came in to check in with me 1. Because THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE 2.They came LOOKING FOR YOU." Mr. Stone shouted. "So please do explain you're self." Looks like the lads won't be in trouble. I guess I'm the only one whose in trouble. "I was late today because i was at the mall visiting someone." i said. "And whom might be that someone? Is it a friend or like a family member or?" he asked.  "Well sir, it's my.....girlfriend." i said a bit wobbly. "Oh so now that there's something more important to you, you think you can start slacking off Zayn? Well let me make this clear. Go ahead and live your little teenage love life or forget about her and start focusing back on drifting.Now, i'm going easy on you. Since it's your first time, i am only giving you a warning. Let this be a lesson to you. Don't let me down or anything like that. Your dismissed."

Niall's POV:

"What do you mean we're all in trouble?" Jasmine asked scarred. She knows what we do,but Jasmine still doesn't know about our horrible, scary, and mean boss. Literally, he's scary. 

"Well you see Jasmine." Harry started "Today we had an important meeting or a race. I really don't know,but the point is it was important. We had to be there on time. We mostly carpool with Zayn,but he was probably still with you or he had gone by himself. So the lads and I went in my car."

"When we got there," i said, "Zayn wasn't there,so we went to go check in with our boss, Mr. Stone. He wanted to know where Zayn was as well. At that point, we didn't know what to say. Mr. Stone was glad that we still checked in,but was mad because Zayn never showed up." I told Jasmine.

Harry and I could tell Jasmine felt guilty about this. "Could Zayn um...get hurt by any chance?" she asked. Even when she asked that question, I could tell she didn't want to know the answer. It took every nerve to respond to her.'Well, I'm not so sure darling,but I don't think it would be that bad." i said trying to reassure her. But I lied. Mr. Stone is capable of doing anything. Even if he has to make Zayn chose between Jasmine or drifting...or even someone's life.

 *The Next Morning*

-Jasmine's POV-

I was about to get in my car to drive off to work when I see Zayn's car pull up. I raced over to his car and hugged him tightly when he got out. "I take it the boys told you the whole problem." he said into my hair. I nodded and added,"I couldn't really sleep well at night. I was wondering if you were alright." i mumbled. He lightly kissed the top of my head.We stood there just hugging. Like if we knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to keep you up all night." he said. He didn't let go of me,and I like that. But why is he not letting go. Zayn has never hugged me this long. Something was up,and he didn't want to tell me.

So i asked him, "Is everything alright? You seem tensed." He rubbed my back. Then,he played with my hair. "Zayn c'mon. Tell me what's wrong." i begged. He licked his lips, and then bit it. Looked like he was thinking about what he was going to say. Almost like he was hesitating on what was going to come out of his mouth.

"I messed up, Jaz. I think I fucked things up for us." he said sadly. "My boss found out that I'm with you. He thinks I'm slacking off because of you. Thinks i'm not focus enough,so he wants me to..." Zayn couldn't finish the sentence. He was nervous and scarred to tell me the rest.

"He doesn't want us together." i said looking down at the ground. Zayn nodded. "But you know i  don't want that. And I am going to do whatever it takes,so that we can be together." he said reassuring me.

 I shot my head up towards him as he finished that sentence. I gave him one of my hugest smiles. "You'd do that for me?" i asked "Damn, you're cutie!" i said excitedly.

"Hell yeah. Ain't nobody taking you away from me." he said before bringing our lips together into a beautiful kiss. I thought it was very cute that Zayn is willing to fight for us. A few seconds later, I realized I was going to be late for work if I don't get a move on. 

"Zayn, I'm going to be late,so um I guess I'll see you later." i said leaving his warmth. He nodded. "Yeah, get back in your car." he lightly patted my ass. I laughed and flipped him off. He just smiled. Proud of what he had just done. 

We waved good-bye and went our separate ways for the day.