six

"Hey, Josh," I greeted at Josh's locker. Either I didn't speak loud enough or he's ignoring me, because Josh didn't answer me. Louder, I said, "Josh?"

"What do you want?" he asked angrily. I'm going with number two: Josh was ignoring me.

I stepped back a little bit and told him, "Why are you mad at me?"

"I think you know why," he responded, shutting his locker.

As he started walking down the hallway, I followed him and explained, "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about what happened. Leslie just got excited, and I don't blame her at all."

Signaling it's time for our next class, the bell rang. It was loud too, because Josh and I were right next to one of the bells. "See you later," Josh bluntly stated as I plugged my ears. Josh hurried away, making me feel like a loner. Which I'm pretty sure I am by now.

"Ugh, life is so frustrating," I groaned as I flopped onto Kalani's bed.

"Well hey, at least school is almost over, then you won't have as much stress," Kalani pointed out, sitting down on my bed.

"Yeah, but I'll still have a lot. School isn't all of it," I complained.

"What's the other part then?" Kalani wondered. Since Kalani is basically my only friend and I know I can trust her, I decided to tell her the truth.

"You know how I was dating Josh?" I asked.

"What do you mean was?" she inquired.

"Exactly. We're not dating, but I still want to date him. I love him," I explain.

"Aw, how cute," Kalani teased. "Maddie and Josh sitting in a-" she started, but I cut her off.

"I will punch you," I said, sitting up.

"I SHIP IT! I SHIP MOSH!" Kalani shouted.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, throwing a pillow at her.

"I thought you said you would punch me," Kalani grinned. When I didn't answer, she said, "That's what I thought."

"Back to you and Josh, sitting in a tree," Kalani changed the subject.

Ignoring her last bit, I continued explaining about Josh. I told her about what had happened at Starbucks, and then him ignoring me.

"Sounds like Josh is a little over dramatic," Kalani commented.

"No kidding." I rolled my eyes at the thought. "I just don't know what to do now. km not good with boys, you are."

"Aw, you came to me, the 'boy expert'? How sweet!"

"Whatever, just help me," I ordered.

"I say you make him jealous," Kalani suddenly told me.

"What do you mean? Like how I helped my sister, with helping her with a super cute outfit and stuff?" I questioned.

"Sort of, but not with clothes. With a boy," she explained.

"That sounds cliché," I protested.

"Well so was your whole thing with Mackenzie and her outfit," Kalani argued.

"True. But who would I date? Wait a minute, I'd be dating a boy so that I can date another boy?" I realized.

"Yup, pretty much," Kalani agreed.

"Oh my gosh, that sounds so wrong."

"Yep, but it's going to get you who you want," she pointed out.