five

"Girls! I told you to be home earlier! What took so long?" Mom suddenly shouted once we walked through the door. "I called and texted the two of you and neither of you answered!"

"I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't realize we didn't have that much time to shop," I sincerely apologized.

"Go to your room, I thought I could finally trust you with my daughter," she announced, pointing upstairs. So I walked upstairs and into my bedroom and flop onto my bed.

A tear rolled down my face and I started crying silently. Why does it have to be like this again? I thought. I hate it when it's like this. Turning to my desk, I grabbed my sharp pair of scissors and brought it to my arm.

No, Maddie. Don't do this again, a thought popped into my head. Still, feeling the urge to cut, I placed the scissors back onto my desk. I decided that I needed to talk to someone, so I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and dialed Josh's number. I waited for him to pick up, but he never did, so I decided to text him.

Maddie: Hey.

Remembering what happened earlier today, I sent him another text, because he was probably just ignoring me.

Maddie: I'm sorry about earlier today. My friend Leslie is visiting for a while, but I don't think she noticed that you were bored. I'm sorry.

Josh: Well you could've at least introduced me to her.

Maddie: I'm sorry.

Josh: I gotta go.

Maddie: Bye.

Why does he have to be so sensitive? It's not my fault he left.

Exhausted from the day before, I woke up, hoping I didn't have to go to school. I got out of bed and sleepily walked downstairs to eat breakfast. Weirdly, nobody was even downstairs. I checked the time on the oven, which read 4:27. I guess that explains it.

I decided to stay downstairs and eat my breakfast without any distractions. After yesterday, I'm sure the only person that will talk to me is Kalani. And Leslie I guess, but I won't see her today.

I grabbed out a box of cereal and poured it into a bowl. I pulled out the milk from the refrigerator and only poured a little bit into the bowl with the cereal. I don't really like a lot of milk in my cereal, because otherwise it just gets too soggy. Snatching a spoon from one of the many drawers, I started to eat my breakfast.

Almost ten minutes later, I heard some footsteps walking down the stairs. "Why are you up?" Mackenzie asked once she reached the bottom.

"I don't know, what are you doing?" I questioned.

"I'm always up this early," she answered.

"Um, okay, whatever," I mused. While I kept eating, Mackenzie started making her own breakfast. Once I finished, I walked back upstairs.

I plopped onto my bed and grabbed my phone. I opened the Twitter app and noticed that I received a direct message. Yes, I get tons of them from fans, but this one looked special, because it was from Sia.

Hey, Maddie! I was wondering if you wanted to be in my new music video for Chandelier. It would be a pleasure to have you in it!

Panicking inside, I breathed, "Oh my gosh. Is this really happening? I would be closer than before to being a professional dancer!"

Without even thinking to talk to my mom about it first, I replied to Sia.

I would love to! I think it will be fun. :)

Checking the alarm clock on my nightstand, I realized that it read 5:32.
I spent almost half an hour freaking out and fangirling?! Wow.

I quickly changed into a pair of floral - patterned shorts with a white t-shirt. After that, I sat down at my vanity to do my hair. Brushing through my hair, I straightened it and threw it into a messy bun on the top of my head. I applied some foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, just a little but of blush, and some lip gloss.

Just as I was getting up, my door cracked open. "Can you do my hair and makeup?" Mackenzie asked.

"Yeah sure," I replied when I remembered about the whole boy thing.

"Okay thanks!" Mackenzie exclaimed as she strode into my room.

"You don't have any makeup, right?" I inquired.

"Only my competition makeup, but think that would be too heavy."

"I agree, you can come sit at my vanity of you want," I instructed.

Taking a seat at my vanity, Mackenzie asked, "Can you make sure for it to be like your makeup right now, but with brighter colors?"

"Yep." I rubbed some foundation around her face and applied some concealer. I put on some light purple - almost white - eyeshadow, and then used some black eyeliner around her eyes. Applying some black mascara, I used a light pink blush on her cheeks, and some bright pink lipstick on her lips.

Moving onto her hair, I curled it since she had already brushed it. Not like ringlets, just soft, bouncy curls. "Do you want to see it?" I wondered once I had finished.

"Yeah!" Mackenzie excitedly responded. moved her head back so it faced forwards and she looked at herself. "Omigosh, thank you so much, Maddie!" she shrieked. Mackenzie jumped up and hugged me.

"You're welcome," I laughed.

"When you put I saw that you put on the purple eyeshadow I thought I wouldn't like it, but it looks really cool!" Mackenzie complimented.

"I knew you would like it. Besides, I don't really use colors like that for myself, so I had to use it for something," I explained.

"Thanks again!" Mackenzie called out while she was already skipping back to her room.

Boy was she going to have a great day.

author's note

so, what'd you think of this chapter? I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner, I've been so busy between it being summer, dance, wattpad being stupid, and being a referee in the usa cup, I've been a ref in the usa cup almost every single day, but I think it's going to be worth it because I'll be making over $500! (if you didn't already know, I'm only 12 so that's a lot of money to be making when you're my age) but now the tournament is over so that's outta my way now.

if you want to see what happened to this update, you can look at the next update in My Random Rants, cuz I'm posting the story on there.

I'm gonna stop self-promoting myself and just have this be done, lol.

xoxo,
dancer634♡