two

"Girls! Focus!" Miss Abby ordered when Kendall and Chloe wouldn't stop talking. And when I mean wouldn't stop talking, boy do I mean it. Every single time Chloe and Kendall passed eachother, they would burst into laughter, and whenever the weren't dancing they would chatter away like they're the only two people in the world.

Honestly, I strongly dislike Kendall and Chloe. The three of us used to be best friends, but sadly, our friendship fell apart.

Flashback

"Geez, what a great friend you are, Maddie. I love people stealing my boyfriends," Kendall sarcastically stated while we were at a park near her house.

"Kendall, I don't like Owen!" I cried.

"Says the girl who kissed him," she shot back.

"I didn't kiss him! That's just a rumor!" I truthfully defended.

Rolling her eyes, Kendall said, "Yeah, whatever."

"Finally!" Kendall exclaimed once Chloe arrived. "I thought you would never get here!"

"Well I'm here now," Chloe plainly stated.

"I think we can all see that," Kendall sarcastically answered.

"So what's going on? Why exactly did you want us here again?" Chloe inquired.

"You know that rumor that's going around?" Kendall questioned.

"Which one?" Chloe laughed. "There's tons of them."

"The one about Maddie kissing Owen, duh," Kendall responded.

"Oh yeah, I've heard that one," Chloe claimed, glancing at me. "Is it true?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"No, of course not!" I declared.

"Liar," Kendall disagreed.

"Kendall, why would I even talk to your boyfriend? You know he hates me," I vindicated.

"Because you don't like me," she answered.

End of flashback

I snapped back to reality when Miss Abby shouted, "We have a competition this weekend, Chloe and Kendall! You need to focus or I will pull you from your dances."

"Yes, Miss Abby," Chloe and Kendall replied in unison.

"Good," Abby said to them. Turning to face the rest of us, Miss Abby announced, "Okay, girls! I am going to work on Mackenzie's solo with her, so the rest of you can wait in the dancers' den."

Heading to the den, I realized that Abby still favorites Mackenzie. It's not very fair, but I guess that's just part of life.

I walked into the dancers' den and plopped onto one of the red and black cushioned benches. Nia parked herself next to me and pulled out her dance bag from underneath the bench. She opened it up, grabbed her phone, and placed the bag back under the bench. Holding her phone out to take a selfie, she whispered, "Get in this, Maddie!"

Leaning over to get in the picture, I answered, "Okay." While I smiled for the picture, Nia made a kissing face. Nia snapped the photo and took a look at it.