Chapter 16 (Chryanthe)

After the whole Mike and the white wolf incident Forest held me in his arms. What just happened?

"Are you okay?" He whispers to me softly.

"I don't know, I've never been attacked by an animal before." I say shaking a bit.

"Let me take you home." He rubs my back gently. What do I do?

"Please." Henry smiles gently. "I'll close everything up, just take her home." He tells Forest.

"Of course sir. I promise to take good care of her." That's when Forest picked me up bridal style. What's going on, why do I like this so much?

After he carried me out the front door he put me in his truck. And drove to my place. I was so close to death just a second ago. I don't want to miss out of life because I'm afraid of getting hurt.

Once he parked in front of my place I got out of his truck. I headed for the door, but was turned around by Forest holding onto my arm. "Are you okay?"

"I..." I look at him. No regrets. I kiss his lips and pull him towards me. he freezes for a bit before taking control and kissing me back.

"Chrysanthe." He breathed my name and it was driving me crazy. How can one man do this to me. Not even my ex got me this excited.

I unlock the door with him standing behind me. "Forest, would you like to come in." I blush nervously.

"I would love to." He smiles and waits for me to enter. What a gentleman. Where has he been my whole life?

He stares at my bed. "It feels more open here than the actual bedroom." I hand up my keys. I go to the kitchen. "What would you like to drink?" I ask. What am I doing?

"Just water. And you are right it is airy." He says softly. He enters the kitchen and wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "Why did you kiss me?" His words were hot and heavy as he whispers in my ear.

Oh my dear lord, forgive me. I turn and look at his face, he looked very Native American. "Because I was tired of not doing what I wanted." I say with a shrug.

"Well what if I want to do this?" He kisses my neck softly. Oh my he is going to be the death of me, or my salvation.