How it started

*This is the introduction and you need to read it since it is an important part of the story. It also is important you read Blind and Beautiful, then Carter before this. You don't have to, but somethings will make more sense.*

"What happened?" I demand to Matthew, one of the gaurds.

"The hunters..." He mutters taking a deep breath, "they came out of nowhere, an-and they shot Joe."

"Fùck, go tell the alpha!" I demand to him. Well this isn't good. I walk up to the two other gaurds on duty with Joe.

"He's still in wolf form." Gale tells me as he tries to keep the wound from bleeding.

"We need to get him to the veterinarian hospital." Blue says in a panic.

"No, we won't get there in time." I tell him. It's about two towns over and it's quite a while away.

"There was that new shop in town that is a vet." Gale suggests. What?

"Oh yeah, they just moved here. We should go." Blue nods.

"Alright, Blue get the truck! And tell Forest where we are going!" I tell him as I stay next to Joe. Why did it have to be today all of days. It's only been two years since I've become beta and it happens when I'm on watch duty.

We could hear the roaring of the truck as it backed up to where we were. "Alright we lift on three. One, two, three." Gale and I lifted Joe in the back of the truck. I stayed with Joe while Gale got in the cabin with Blue.

Joe's whimpers are still loud enough to hear over the truck. "It's going to be okay, Lucy would want you to be strong." He nods even though I know he's in pain.

Once the truck stops I see the sign of the shop. 'Trailwood Vet'. The three of us the carried Joe. I just hope he's fine. It's a he'll of a week of our doctor to be on vacation.

*This is the first character that will be the main character. Michael Batten, from Carter. He is one of the three main characters of this story. Please continue to read and enjoy*