Chapter 9 (Michael)

Once Forest left everyone started talking about what just happened. Why did the alpha kiss the human?

"Michael do you know what's up with alpha?" Gale asks concerned.

"He may have been bewitched by her beauty." I shrug. 'Just like you were?' My wolf snaps at me. Oh now you have something to say.

"I doubt that." Allen says.

"He looked at her like he's never looked at any woman before, I would know." Lucy looks at me. 'Is she saying what I think she is saying?' My wolf stands in attention. It can't be.

"Lucy it can't be, he's an alpha." Joe shakes his head. 'We are.' My wolf says. Oh shush.

"Alpha or not I know what I saw between those two and it looked like-" She stares up past me. What is it now?

I turn to see Forest with a smirk on his face. "Looked like what?"

"Nothing sir." Lucy blushes embarrassed.

"Good. Now I'm glad to see you okay Joe, Lucy you take good care of him and Gale go with them." He leads them like a true alpha. 'He was born an Alpha.' My wolf shakes his head at me. Shush.

"Of course sir." Gale helps Joe and Lucy follows them out.

"Blue, John and Al, will you guard for now as we try to find a replacement for Joe, for the time being of course." He asks softly but still showing strength and leadership.

"Of course Hawk." Allen chuckles as the three go out to guard the property.

"Michael." I look up at my alpha.

"Yes alpha."I say standing tall. 'We will never be a true alpha, just a son of a rogue and a human.' My wolf growls. Maybe, but it doesn't mean we can't try.

"I want to talk to you about that veterinarian." He says with a sigh and a concerned look on his face.

"Yes, what about Chrysanthe?" I ask. There is something up with him isn't there.

"Oh, well we may need her again if someone gets injured before the doctor comes back, so I want you to keep an eye on her." He tells me. "I know it doesn't seem important enough for a beta, but you are the only one I can trust to keep her safe. Will you do this for me, for the pack?" Damn him and his great motivational voice.

"Of course my alpha." I smile at him. Well maybe it will give me the chance to get to know her better, I hope.