Chapter 15 (Michael)

I was trying to follow Chrysie but a familiar sent distracted me. 'Our mate.' My wolf says with excitement. How, where?

I ran after the scent as fast as I could but I lost it. 'No.' My wolf howls. Damn it.

I transform back into a human. "Fùck." I proclaim as run my hands through my hair. I start walking to town following Chtysie's scent again. I must not be distracted from my duties.

'That's because our mate is more important than that woman.' My wolf snaps. Shut up, we were given a job by our alpha, we should do it. Once we arrived I walked across the street from her shop. She walks up and a white wolf limps up to her. It can't be. I jog across the street.

"Michael, hey can you help me get this wolf inside." She asks nicely. Damn it.

"Sure, and I think I know this wolf." I say as I help pick him up.

"Really, what's his name?" She asks.

"Let me help you." Forest comes out of nowhere. Where was he? Damn it, has he been watching me?

"Hey, sorry for leaving you back there." Chrysie blushes.

"It's no problem it made it dramatic with a bit of badass." He smirks at her.

"Thanks." She smiles as we put the wolf on the table.

"So who's wolf is this?" Forest asks. 'That scent.' My wolf says confused. Yeah it's Christina.

"Mike, said he knew though." Chrysie says.

"Mike?" My alpha asks.

"Your cousin. His wife's sisters wolf." I say calmly. He should be with her. "I have a bad feeling." I whisper.

"Why?" Forest asks. I take him out so Chrysie can do her job.

"Ramsey would never leave Christina's side, but yet he's here and hurt." I say trying to breath.

"Is Ramsey one of us?" Forest asks. I nod silently. Carter, I'm so sorry.

"Ah, help!" Chrysie screams. We both run in there to see Ramsey with his teeth bared at her.

"Ramsey." I yell at him. He faces me and stops. I kneel down to his level as he walks up to me. "Are you okay?" I ask concerned. I pet his white fur softly. He shakes his head.

"So he is trained." Chrysie says.

"Yes, but he was to protect a blind girl. And I don't know if she's okay." I say worried. "I would like to take him back to the house." I look at Forest.

"Yes, I'll be there later." He nods. I take Ramsey with me as we walk the way to my pack. He seems different, almost as if stronger, but I can see the pain. What happened to him? What happened?