Chapter 5

Mitch's POV

I followed Jerome towards the weaponry table, which was covered with high tech bows, fancy arrows, sharp daggers, glowing swords and more.

The weapons here were way better than the ones I'd ever used.

"Choose a weapon, preferably one you've used before." Aceti said blankly.

He wants me to choose a weapon?

Is he aware I want to hurt him and that he's giving me the chance to?

I glanced at him quickly and noticing he was watching me.

"By the way, if you were wondering, I'm not stupid and I know you might try to attack me but by the looks of you, I doubt that'll happen, and even if it's does you'll regret it."

I rolled my eyes in response and looked back at the table.

I quickly picked up a very professional wooden bow and a bundle of arrows.

"Really? Your weapon of choice is a bow?" Aceti questioned.

"Is that a problem 'captain?'" I responded sarcastically.
Aceti ignored my attitude. (Or so I'm guessing cause he didn't kill me.)

"It's no problem but most people choose something else, or switch because our equipment is to heavy or complicated. I guess we'll see if you can handle it." Aceti sighed, probably confident that I'll switch.

"I guess we will." I replied with a touch of confidence.

                       * * *

I followed him towards the targets. He stopped in front of the first one.
"Okay, let's see what you got newbie. Your aiming for that target." He said as he pointed at the target.
I slung the bundle of arrows over my shoulder. I grabbed one arrow and loaded into the bow. I aimed for the centre of the target. I could feel Jerome's eyes on me. I took a deep breathe and fired.
The arrow hit the centre of the target perfectly.

Bullseye.

"Hm, I'm impressed newbie. Not many people can do that first try. I assume you practised in your village?" He asked calmly.

"No, I learned when I was little but I stopped whe-" I choked on the last part.

I still remember the day that he died. He was the one that taught me to use a bow. I still remember the look on my mom's face when we received the letter.

Mom. Shit, she must so worried right now. She has no idea these assholes kidnapped us.

"Mitch?" Jerome said almost concerned.

"It's nothing. Forget it."

Jerome gave me a questioning look. I looked away and kept my expression blank.

* * *

We continued target practise for awhile. After about an hour Jerome stopped me.

"Okay, we're done here for today. I must say you surprised me, we've never had a newbie that skilled before. You hit every target straight on." Jerome said. I didn't reply. The whole time I said nothing. I was still thinking about him.

"What now?" I asked bored.

"Now we do some test. Follow me." Jerome said. I followed him to a small area. There were tables with papers and pencils. Some tables were filled with pictures.