Image in My Mind!

Start from the beginning

Jane frowned then smiled. "Hey, chin up Jake. I'm sure you'll get to know him! Then you guys could get together and make out! So putting all that aside, start eating your food!" She demanded. I rolled my eyes blushing embarrassingly. I picked up my sandwich and took a small bite. I don't think it's quite that simple... A quick image of Dirk and I engaged into a deep tongue battle flashed into my mind. I blushed deeply and swallowed my bite immediately. Oh my God!

Lunch passed by rather quickly, and I got away with not eating my lunch by keeping Jane occupied with conversations about baking. I just couldn't eat right now. Not with that image pasted in my mind.

To make things worse the image was still pasted in my friggin' mind for the rest of today! I could barely focus in my classes. I barely even heard the bell go off signaling that school has now ended. I got out of my desk and started to walk towards the door feeling that evil glare from Mrs. Howe burn into the back of my neck. I was glad when I was out of there. I quickly stopped by my locker to put away my belongings then head in the direction of detention.

I took a deep breath before walking in. I reached for the door knob and slowly and silently entered. There I saw Mr. J and Strider in a conversation. They both had amused smiled on their faces and I cleared my throat to make myself present. Mr. J looked my way and smiled.

"Hello English!" He turned his attention towards Strider. "Have fun with your rapist Strider. Anyways boys, same time as usual. Be back at five." I looked to my side and tried hard not to blush. It's so strange to say stuff like that! Mr. J grabbed his keys and left locking them in as usual.

I looked over at Strider to see him writing on some computer paper. I walked over and took a seat next to him. I tried to sneak a glance at what he was writing but he quickly covered his paper.

"Ever heard of personal space?" He asked irritated. I quickly inched away from him. He gave me a curt nod then went back to writing.

"Um... Strider, if you don't mind my asking... What are you writing?" I asked curiously. He turned his paper over and continued. He paused to look over at me. His lips curved into a smirk.

"Gay porn," he replied.

What? What!? Oh my! My face lit up as red as it could get. I figited in my desk and looked away. How... How perverted! "O-Oh! Well then! I'll just leave you be-"

"I was joking," Dirk replied chuckling. I looked back over at him seriously. "Just some lyrics..." He added. Oh! Wow! I smiled brightly.

"Oh really! Well can I read?" I asked hoping. Dirk shook his head and continued writing. I huffed and pouted. "Alright then. I didn't know you liked music? What music do you like?" I asked curiously. He looked back over at me.

"I usually like to make my own music." He simply replied. "Do you like music?" He asked me. I chuckled lightly.

"Yes, I think it's wonderful and nice. I don't have a specific taste though." I replied honestly. Dirk nodded and continued writing. I looked back at his papers. "Um... Strider, may I have a piece of paper?" I asked. He took a clean one and handed me one with a pen.

"Planning on writing a song?" He asked sarcastically. I shook my head and smiled back.

"No, I'm just going to draw." The look on his face said it all. "And no! Not a drawing of you!" I replied rolling my eyes. I heard him chuckle lowly. I began drawing a picture of Jane. I could give it to her later, she like my drawings.

"That's was really creepy though..." Dirk added. I quickly sat up to defend myself.

"I didn't even mean to draw you! I was absently mindedly doodling and that happened to appear on my paper! I couldn't help it, you were on my mind that whole day-" I widened my eyes and shut my mouth. I glanced back at my drawing and blushed deeply. That sounded so creepy!! There was an awkward silence.

"I'm so interesting that I'm on your mind all day?" Dirk asked sarcastically. I didn't respond, but I continued to draw Jane. "So, you weren't joking then?" Not responding. This is too embarrassing. I don't want to talk about- "English! You don't fucking ignore me!" He growled. I looked over at him shocked. His eyes brows were narrow and you could tell he was steaming.

"Y-Yes Strider?" I asked nervously. He didn't reply and just snatched away my paper. "Hey!! Give that back!" I yelled. He ignored me and turned away to look at my drawing. I blushed deeply and angrily. He turned around and handed it back.

"You're a great artist English." He complemented. I slowly took back the paper. And thanked him. "Is that your girl friend?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"This is Jane, my best friend. She's really nice and sweet. However, she can be stern too. She's a good lady." I replied with admiration. Dirk smirked.

"Do you like her?" He asked. I smiled and shook my head softly. Me like Jane? I only admire how strong she is. Dirk seemed unconvinced. "So you're single?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked curiously. Not that I want to know, just... want to know... and not because I want to get with him!! Dagnabbit! I suck with words!!

"Yeah, I'm very picky when it comes to guys I like." Dirk stated. That made me wonder. How does a guy relationship work? Before I could stop myself I found myself asking the following.

"How does a gay relationship work?" I asked. I quickly shut my mouth as I waited for his response. Dirk continued to stare at me without saying anything. Oh no! I must've offeneded him! I snapped my fingers in his face. "Strider?" No response

"Strider?" No response.

"Strider!?" I screamed. This seemed to have worked because Dirk flinched. He cleared his throat. After a few seconds be responded.

"Just like how any other relationships work. Hold hands, make out, fuck, and other romance." Dirk replied. I widened my eyes and blushed.

"Oh, well I wouldn't know what any of that is like," I stated truthfully. Dirk raised a curious eyebrow.

"You want to know what a gay relationship is like?" He asked in more of a curious question. I quickly sat back and widened my eyes. Is that how it came off as??

"N-No!! I mean like in general!" I exclaimed. Dirk didn't seem convinced and he pressed on at the issue.

"You wouldn't mind dating a guy right? Have you ever pictured what it was like to kiss one?" Dirk replied with a mischievous smirk. I blushed deeply as the image from earlier today flashed into my mind again. I tried so hard to flood it out with over running thoughts.

"What!? No- I-I mean... If it's someone you fancy a lot then... gender shouldn't really matter," I stated with a nervous chuckle. Dirk narrowed his eyes but shrugged it off and went back to writing. Man that got way off topic! I sighed deeply. I looked at the clock and realized only about thirty minutes had passed. Talking will pass time. "Strider?" I asked softly. He looked at me slowly. I hesitated before speaking. "Do you think.... Do you think we could... be friends?" I asked.

Dirk placed down his pen and turned back in my direction. I quickly panicked. "Secretly if you want!! We can be friends here and outside of school! W-what do you say?" I asked nervously. I already felt down. I knew his answer was going to be no.

"Fine. We can be friends.... Secretly." As soon as the words left his mouth I smiled wide. My eyes gleamed and I began to chuckle. Dirk looked away and picked up his pen to continue.

_________________________________________

A/N:

I was thinking... If any of you like this that I'll make another book, but from Dirk's perspective.

If there's any questions feel free to ask.

Until next time!!

~ Selena Callow