Chapter 13.

The next morning Hannah was woken by someone unexpected, Klaus. "what are you doing here?" she looked around her room. "Virgil's dead" he said and see immediately sat up, "i found him this morning staked" he said. Hannah felt sad, she liked Virgil, he was her Friend and now he was dead. "what do we do?" she asked. "we do nothing, your going to go to the fair, i'm going to kill Byron and i'll come and get you when its safe." he insisted, "do you understand?" he asked and Hannah nodded as a slight tear escaped her eyes for Virgil, she was sick of people dying around her, "okay, i have to go before your aunt and uncle wakes up, be safe okay!" he said and left at vampire speed leaving Hannah alone in her room again. Virgil's dead! She kept telling herself in her head, she felt a loss for a vampire shes only known a few days; but he was a good Friend who was there to make this all a little less confusing and to protect her!

Half an hour later Hannah was still sat in her bed staring up at the ceiling, her alarm finally went of, 8:30. She heard her aunt and uncle stir in the hallway and knew she would have to pull herself together and get up any second now. she got out of bed and slipped into a summer dress and matching flat pumps, she wasn't sure how she was meant to act like everything was normal today but she knew she had too. She put her usual things in her bag and headed down stair where her aunt was busy with a clip board counting cakes, "good your awake, the first box of stuff is in there and lady Andrews is waiting at the stall with Amelia could you drive these down to them?" her aunt instructed her. she pured herself a glass of juice and began her rudely assigned task. She got into her uncles car and started the ignition with her cargo in the back seats feeling like all of this was small and pointless, but small and pointless also felt normal so she kind of needed it.

whilst driving into the village she noticed how many people were about all ready and the fair hadn't even opened, this village fair was always crowded with tourists and other villages coming to have a look, its been the best one in the county for years; thanks to lady Andrews and aunt Elena. Every year they set up a cake stall so does Alice Conner and they compete to see who can sell the most cakes for charity. in Hannah's memory Alice had only ever beaten her aunt once five or six years ago, her aunt was determined after that, it wouldn't happen again and with the help of lady Andrews who takes as much pleasure in the competition at Elena they have been Victoria's ever since. when she pulled up in the small pub car park for stall holders only she went straight to the fair quickly because she knew the longer he stayed out of sight the more chance Byron had. Lady Andrews and Amelia were setting up the stall with a table cloth and cake stands when she arrived with the box. "good morning Hannah" lady Andrews greeted her and took the box of her to begin to put the cup cakes out, Amelia just scawled at her and carried on. "good morning lady Andrews, aunt said she'll be down with the rest later, uncle jacks going to take the car back when he goes home from the shops" she explained. "okay well i'm going to check on the competition so i'll leave you girls here to set up.

Hannah started putting cakes on to the stand in front of her when Amelia finally spoke up, "so i heard you and Klaus were dating!" she said, "i don't know what he sees in you, your just a plain little thing really." she continues. Hannah didn't respond and just carried on. This was going to be an interesting day, Amelia constantly scolding her with insults because she stole her vampire boy Friend, psycho vampire Hunter trying to get to her, yep just your average summer village fair.

*****

the small village square soon filled up with people, more people then visit Alderberry all year. there were tourists from France, china, Russia even a few Italians and the odd American. Chelsea came to help out at about 10 am, Collin had opened the cafe but he wasn't working so him and Emma came for a look around the fair. The may pole dancing started not long after and Hannah had a great view from the stall, her and Chelsea both used to may pole dance at this every year when they were younger, she hated the dresses they had to wear but looking at the younger children now she saw that it did actually look quite cute. everything about this fair looked normal, no one would suspect that in fact something much more sinister is going on underneath.