Chapter 11.

two days before the fair Hannah's aunt and uncle were in the village helping set up stalls whilst the weather was nice; in England there's no garentee it would last. Hannah took the opportunity to sit out in the garden in her shorts and summer top and read, she rarely got time to read when the weather was this nice but she told her aunt she had a head ache coming so she didn't have to go and had the afternoon to herself. she was currently working her way threw one of her favorite books again 'the great Gatsby' she read this when she was in collage studying English lit and has read in countless times since. She loved the 1920's, the fashion and attitudes of everyone, people went crazy, threw party's and falling in love just seemed so easy; though she thought the reality must differ somewhat. She wondered what Klaus was doing in the 1920's, she imagined him like Gatsby, throwing party's and having a great adventure all for the name of love.

As she sat and read when she heard something rustling in the bushes in her garden near the back fence. she immediately stood up and backed away from the bench where she placed her book. She wondered who it was, she dreaded who was about to appear from behind the bush's. as the rustling got louder she took a deep breath and took few more steps towards the gate the leads to around the front of the house. "hey Hannah" Virgil said in his signature American accent. "oh my goodness! Virgil you scared me!" she said crossing the garden back to the bench and picked up her book up. he came closer and sat down next to her "just came to see your okay" he said, "sorry to disturb your reading" he added. "its okay" she said looking at him, the sun was reflecting of the white wall behind her so she had to squint to see him, "how come you and Klaus can walk in the day, i thought vampires had sun burn issues" she asked as the question popped into her head. Virgil looked amused, "you really don't know much do you?" he asked but didn't expect an answer "well Klaus is old, like really old and an original so the sun doesn't burn him, i have a Friend witch who gave me this-" he held his hand up revealing a ring, "it allows me to go out in the sun" he explained. "Klaus is an original, what does that mean?" she asks next. "i think that's up to him to tell you but ask me anything else and i'll tell you" he says.

Hannah liked having Virgil there to answer her questions she had to admit she was curious and Klaus hadn't exactly been around to answer any of her questions recently. "so how do you become a vampire, do you just have to be bitten or-" she didn't need to finish the question he knew what she meant. "its not that simple, first you have to have vampire blood in your system then you have to die, then you have to drink human blood to complete the transformation." he explained, twilight had really got it wrong, Hannah realised she really knew nothing about all of this. "so you mentioned witch's, is that it or is there other supernatural beings out there?" she asked. "there's werewolf's as well, i'm not experienced enough to answer that question fully" he says, then the question came into Hannah's brain that had been circling her mind since she found out what Klaus was. "whats it like? being a vampire?" she asked.

Virgil took a moment to think his answer threw, "at first its all about the hunger, you wake up and you throats burning; if your lucky you'll know whats happening to you but if you don't you'll try to eat everything your used to. salad, vegetables, meat; but nothing will stop the hunger. then when you realise what your becoming and what it is your craving you'll stop at nothing to get it, there's apart of your brain that is screaming at you, telling you to stop but you cant, you have to do what it takes to survive. then when the hunger settles and you get blood all your emotions are heightened, all your senses are on edge; most people just turn it of like a switch at first but some turn it back on as they go." Hannah sat and listened to him contently, "it gets easier to come to terms with what you are, to come to terms with the killing, and you turn your emotions on to allow you to feel, some people lived with regret after that, replaying every person you've killed replays in there mind they normally just turn it off again, and some people are stronger they can deal with it, accept it. either way the need for blood is inevitable, some live of animals but its not the same as human blood, and some donated blood. others feed of humans but don't kill."