Chapter 9.

Chelsea and Hannah separated later that day after getting a coffee and lunch together in the village. Hannah arrived back at the cottage just as the phone started to ring. "hello?" she answered it, she held her breathe for a moments to ready her self to hear the Scottish voice she was confronted with yesterday. "Hannah Hun, I wasn't sure if you were home." aunt Elena's voice came threw the line to her relief, she left out the breathe, "are you okay?" she asked. "Yes i'm fine, what time are you coming home?" Hannah relied. "actually that's why i called, were going to stay here over night in a bed and breakfast because i'm rather tiered and its getting late; you can prepare yourself something to eat right?" she asked, Hannah found the vaguely amusing. "of course aunt, i'll see you both tomorrow then"

Hannah was glad to have the house to herself, it was strangely relaxing knowing she wouldnt have aunty elena asking her stupid questions and making her do stupid things like having afternoon tea and scones; everyday. she lay on her bed for a moment and let her thoughts take her, in her mind she was back in yesterday stood by the dinner table at klaus's house, she relived the kiss over and over again in her head. he dominated her thoughts, she couldnt stop thinking about him. she didnt know how or why, but he became her everything. she loved him. Somehow she had fell in love with a vampire, with Klaus.

Klaus POV

Klaus Had been restless all day, He paced back and forth threw books and objects as he tried to resolve his feelings. He couldn't love a human, that just wasn't him, it couldn't be. He knew if she knew the truth about his nature she wouldnt return his feelings anyway; this could never work.  he thought about her all the time, her Shoulder lengh silk brunette hair and her angel stare threw those vibrant green eyes, he should have just left when he had planned, but ever since he met her that day in the cafe he couldn't bring himself to. At first he blamed instinct, his vampire instincts  telling him to kill her, then he blamed his tutorial instinct- all of these seemed absolutely ridiculous to him too.- now he knew it wasn't anything like that, he realised just before he kissed her he was completely in love with her.

He was talking to virgil when he realised he didnt have a choice on what to do next, for her safty he should leave, but he didnt want to. "We dont know who the hunter is yet, we need to compell someone to point out new people in town or something because he's very good at being invisable." Virgil was explaining, he and Cameron had been searching the village the whole day and last night looking for him. Klaus realised they wouldnt have to do that, he had Hannah, "no need i'll be back later" He said in a moment of rashness and left the mansion heading in the direction his heart had been telling him to all day. Her house.

Hannahs POV.

Hannah had poured herself a glass of Prosecco when there was a hard knock on the door. She wondered who it could be, know one normally calls on her so she guess aunt Elena hadn't told someone she was in the city. She put the wine glass on the coffee table in the front room and opened the door. At first she thought she was dreaming, she thought that Klaus standing there was just a figment of her imagination. he looked conflicted like he was battling with himself about something. She realised she wasn't dreaming when he kissed her. She  could never dream such detail as his lips met hers without warning. Her hands traced jaw line and wrapped around around his neck as she kissed back. When he pulled away he asked "you uncle and aunt-" knowing the rest of the question she interrupted him. "in the city till tomorrow". The moment it left her mouth he resumed kissing her passionately and they both stepped in to the hall towards the stairs.

******  

The next morning Hannah woke up next to Klaus feeling like she was so happy it could hurt. She looked at his sleeping face and had to look up at the ceiling to contain her happiness. He stirred a few minutes later and woke. "Good morning love" he said. "good morning" he said turning to face him again, he kissed her again, "very good morning" she said when he stopped. "come away with me?" he asked. "where?" she asked back. "anywhere, Paris, Rome, the worlds yours" he said like a poet, "i'll take care of this hunter and we can go anywhere" he added. "okay" she agreed with a wide smile on her lips, "i'm going to make coffee" she got out of bed.

Half an hour later they were both sat at the breakfast table in the cottage when aunt Elena came in, the moment she saw Klaus she turned on her perfect host. "Ohh Klaus dear, how good it is to see you, can i get you anything? food?" she asked. "no Elena thank you, i best be going, i just popped in for a coffee, i have business to take care of in the village." he said politely. Hannah was still as happy as when she had woke up and it was taking all of her effort to not give anything away to her aunt. Hannah noticed a buzzing coming from her phone on the counter, "hello?" she answered, aunt Elena gave her a serious look, she never answered the phone in front of company she thinks it looks rude.

"hello Hannah" the Scottish voice said, "don't react, wouldn't want you're aunt to think somethings up no would we?" He said. How did he know she was with her aunt, she turned around and looked out of the window she couldn't see anyone there. "who is this?" she asked. "you mean you really don't know, and i thought i made an impression at the pub yesterday! i'm hurt honestly lass, that cuts deep." he said in a proud but sarcastic voice. "that was you?" she asked. "yep, in the flesh. I warned you to get out of the cross fire, send Klaus my love, though i'm sure we'll be able to meet in person soon as well" he said and hung up. Hannah turned back around and from the look on Klaus's face he had heard the conversation, his body was tensed and his fists were clenched. "Elena you'll have to excuse me" he stood up and left the kitchen, Hannah followed him to the door.

"you stay here and keep safe." he said when they were stood on her door step. She stepped out and closed the door so uncle john couldnt hear. "you be carefull" she kissed him quick on the lips. "i'm going back to the mansion, were going to find who ever this hunter is. will you come tonight?" he asks. she nodds and watches him walk down the drive and disapear.

******

As the day continued Hannah found herself thinking about nothing but him, she wasn't sure about anything anymore. He's the enemy yet she thinks she loved him. Aunt Elena and Uncle Jack could see something was going on with her and called Chelsea round that dinner time, Chelsea didn't pry or try to get Hannah to talk, Hannah felt like they were finally over what ever was up between them yesterday and that Chelsea understood that Hannah would talk to her when she needed to about what ever is going on. Hannah did how ever tell her about what was going on with Klaus. "so you're going to his tonight?" she asked for confirmation, Hannah nodded giggling like a school girl, Chelsea smiled but Hannah could see it wasn't real. "whats up? i thought you'de be happy for me?" she said looking at her best Friend in a concerned way. "nothing i AM happy for you, i just..... i just don't know! its probably just me" she says and quickly changes the subject.

After that hannah and chelsea went into the village and had a drink with collin, just like any other normal day. occasionally hannah would have to retain a smile as she thought about klaus and her last night and about how he made her feel. she felt like she wanted to be with him all the time and stay with him forever. then a very serious thought dawned on her, he's a vampire, he'll live forever; she won't. What did this mean, he'll never age; she will. he'll never die, would he watch her die or would he turn her, she didnt know if she wanted to be a vampire, but if that was what it took to be with him, she considered it

as night fall drew closer Hannah began to get ready to go to Klaus's with Chelsea's help. "so are you going to go with him to the village fair next week?" she asked. "i forgot about it to be honest" Hannah felt slightly stupid for forgetting the annual fair, "probably" she says in a very indecisive way, she didn't even know if she would be here then, there going to leave as soon as he takes care of the hunter. She loved that idea and lets it circle around her mind for a while, she thought about all the places she could go with him, he made her want to explore the world again; a passion lost when her parents died.