Chapter 4

The morning of Chelsea's arrived dawned quick. Hannah couldn't wait to see her and have a good time for the first time in months. She put Klaus out of her mind for a day as she helped Collin get his spare room ready. Since she left Her aunt and uncle had turned Chelsea's room into a study. The party at Klaus's was all so fast approaching she had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. "i cant wait, we'll have a night on the village. Have some drinks at the pub, its going to be great, and if you get drunk your more then welcome to the sofa; i wouldn't want to go home drunk with Elena if i were you" Collin said as he entered holding some bedding and pillows. "are you sure Emma doesn't mind?" she said taking some of the bedding of him. "your kidding right, she looking forward to getting to spend some time with the three of us, she feels bad that she's all ways in the city working nights" he said.

By noon they were down in the cafe waiting for her to arrive knowing this this where she would come first. Collin had shut for the day just for the occasion and Chelsea didn't fail to arrive on time, 1 O'clock on the dot. "I missed you guys!" she said giving them both a huge hug. she was wearing comfortable jeans and a shirt, Hannah found herself envious as usual at her amazing tan that made her eyes look bright blue and her hair bright blond. "you didn't tell mum and dad did you?" she asked Hannah. "of course not, they don't know anything its going to be so funny when you just walk in" Hannah said. Half an hour later they were sat having a coffee as Chelsea told them of her adventures in America, "where you planning to go next?" Collin asked. "i'm thinking India" she said happily, then looked to Hannah "you should come with cuz" she said. "i don't think so" Hannah said "my place is here for now" she added. "suit yourself" Chelsea took a long sip of her coffee, Hannah knew she hadn't heard the end of this. "so tell me about the knew and mysterious Klaus!"

Hannah looked to collin, of course she had told him about ehr suspicions, hes her best freinds and she had to tell someone. "I dont like him" collin said and explained everything to her and she sat listening intently. "sounds like a wierdo to me" she said and looked to hannah, or looked right threw hannah, she saw past her exteria and saw how worried hannah really was. "i brougth gifts!" she said to hannaha relief changing the subject.

Chelsea opened her suit case there and then, she handed Collin some packages and he opened them intently. "i got what you asked for" she said to Collin, he opened a small package. "its perfect!" he said showing the ring to Hannah "its for Emma, you think she'll like it?" he asked. "of course, are you going to..." Hannah said but didn't need to finish before Collins face lit up and he smiled widely. "i'm going to ask her tomorrow!" he said excitedly. "we are going to through you the best stag do while i'm home, and i better get a invite to the ceremony! i'll come back from the end of the world to whiteness you in a suit!" Chelsea said happily and handed Hannah a package, "i thought i would show you what real news looked like" Hannah opened it to find what only her closest Friends no to get her, news papers from all over the world, "i picked loads of them up in America, it was so interesting, so much to see; Hannah you going to be the best journalist ever you just need to get yourself out there" she said, Hannah flicked threw a few of the papers looking at them. "thanks Chelsea" Hannah gives her a hug "we should probably go see your parents  before they hear of someone else and kill us all".

****** 

To say aunt Elena and Uncle Jack were excited to see there only daughter was an understatement. Elena started crying whilst jack showed more emotion then he had in weeks. Hannah loved seeing them together and happy, it made her miss moments like this with her parents. "I'm so glad your going to be here for the part at Klaus's, its going to be such a blast" Aunt Elena said, Chelsea gave Hannah a weary look, Hannah was glad she had her on her side about him.

An hour later they were sat in Hannah's room looking threw the news papers lay out spread across her bed. "i miss this" Hannah said, her Collin and Chelsea have been best Friends as long as she can remember, nights like this had become rare recently. " i know, look at this one" she passed a paper over to her, Hannah looked at it, it was about a farmer getting his dog stuck up a 10 metre tree, "that's funny" Hannah said, before turning her attention to the paper on the top of the pile that caught her attention.

'The mystic falls Daily

Tragedy struck as a flash flood claimed the lives of mother and father of two, miraculously there daughter in that back seat survived'

The Article all so contained a picture of the surviving daughter smiling, probably a school photo or something from before. next to it was a picture of the car and they were right, it was a suprise she survived because it was submersed under water.

"how sad" Hannah said knowing how there children must be feeling. "oh yeah i remember that one, i picked it up in Virginia." Chelsea said. "it says they drove of a bridge" Hannah said whilst reading it, "leaving there children Elana and Jeremy Gilbert" she added. "how are you coping?" Chelsea asked. "fine i guess, i mean they said i don't need counseling anymore, it feels like every ones moved on, i miss them but i have to move on too" Hannah said.

******* 

 uncle jack dropped Chelsea of home passed midnight that night, Hannah hadn't seem him this with it in a long time, then again she all ways was daddy's little girl. Hannah slept better that night with hardly any thoughts of Klaus, he wasn't completely forgotten but he wasn't haunting her as much. The next morning she headed straight into the village to the cafe to meet Chelsea. "good morning love" a unwanted voice met her as she left her front gate and headed towards the village. "what do you want Klaus?" she asked with fire in her voice, there was something about him that made her on edge. "i was just walking to the village love, no need to call the police" he mocked her with a smirk on his face.

she turned away from him and started walking, of course he walked next to her. "you could walk on the other side of the road" she said turning to face him again. "i could" he did make an attempt to move. "fine i will!" she crossed over clenching her fists. "come on love don't me like that, lets be civil?" he shouted after her and walked at a pace to keep up with her in the parallel road. "or you could stop talking..." she called over to him looking straight away, she heard him chuckle slightly. "okay if you wish sweetheart" he finally replied and they walked like this the whole way to town, she purposely went any other way she could to get to the cafe but of course that was wear he was meeting Amelia.

Collin got Hannah and Chelsea there drinks and Hannah tried to ignore his presence. "if looks could kill Amelia would have you dead and buried by now" Chelsea who was sat opposite Hannah said. "i swear Klaus has got her ans half the village brain washed or something" Hannah said in a low voice. "He really makes you uncomfortable doesn't he?" Of course Chelsea could she right threw her. "yeah, i cant explain it but since i first saw him its like i just want to get away from him, like my body's telling me to just get away" Hannah explained. "he looks perfectly normal to me, but of course i trust you judgment!" Chelsea said taking a long sip of her latte, "anyway enough about him. you, me and Collin? tonight? the pub?" she asked. "wouldn't miss is for the world" Hannah said, "isn't he planning on popping the question to Emma tonight?". Chelsea replied "yep and he wants us to be there when he does"

She spent the rest of the day in the village with Hannah, they looked around shops and talked until they ran into Klaus again. "hello again love, we really do have to stop meeting like this" he said, "excuse me where are my manners, i'm Nicklaus" he held out his hand for Chelsea, she wearily shook it. "Chelsea, I'm Hannah's cousin" she said. "Elena and johns daughter?" he asked, Hannah didn't know what his game was, why was he making small talk with her? "yeah" she answered simply. "well it was lovely to meet you, and i do hope you will be able to attend my party on Sunday; i was hoping your cousin here would save me the first dance!" he said to Hannah's confusion. "i'll be there" Chelsea said and Klaus put on one of his signature smirks, "we best get going, but it was nice to meet you Klaus" Chelsea said and pulled Hannah along who had barley comprehend what had just happened, he was acting so weired.

They went back to the cottage later on to get changed. "okay so he seems perfectly normal to me. are you sure you just not over reacting, You know what Amelia's like and lady Andrews they'll say anything for a bit of attention and gossip. Hannah considered it and Chelsea was write, she could have been over reacting, it was crazy, she didn't even know the guy other than he's really abnormally charming, he could just be a normal guy like everyone else thinks he his. "i guess you could be right, maybe i'm just being stupid" she admitted. "plus you have to admit he was very handsome!".