Chapter 2.

The next morning Hannah woke up suddenly when an alarm she didn't know she had set went of. Immediately it became clear she had drank to much last night, she thought back to it, she was brilliant at acting sober when she drinks to much, living in a small village like Alderberry it comes in handy. She couldn't remember anything after the fourth dance with Collin whilst he was waiting for Emma, his girlfriend, to arrive. Wow, she thought, when her head starts banging. "come on dear you're going to be late" Aunt Elena popped her head in the door. "for what?" she asked. "tea with Lady Andrews and Amelia, don't you remember? you agreed to come last night" she asked. "of course yes! I stayed with you all night last night right? apart from when i was dancing with Collin i mean" Hannah said trying to sound casual but it was a bazaar question for someone to ask when they were meant to have been sober last night. "yes, apart from the one dance just before we left at 12 with Klaus" she said "i thought it was polite of him to ask, i mean he was dancing with Amelia all night" she said. "I remember, i'll be down in five" Hannah said and her aunt left.

She tried to remember last night but came up blank, she relied on herself to be a good drunk, she just hoped she didn't say anything to Klaus that she might regret later. then she thought about it a bit more, actually why should she care what he thought of her? she decided to forget about it and get changed.

****

45 Minutes Hannah found herself sat between Aunt Elena and Lady Andrews. "And he dance with her all night, such a gentlemen, even after we left at 12 for some drinks in the parla they were together" Lady Andrews was talking proudly about her daughter who was sat feeling proud of herself.  she was fashioning a lovely summer dress today (even though its raining) with matching heels and a scarf around her neck, probably covering a love bite of her dear Klaus, that was the only reason anyone ever wore scarfs in Alderberry. however she still looked much betther then Hannah she thought, Hannah was wearing some plain jeans a plain black vest top and a jacket to over sholders "I know i saw!" Aunt Elena said excitedly. "he promised me he would through a party at the mansion before the end of the month" Amelia said and the three women stated clapping her hands and giggling like three year olds.

About half an hour later they were finished with there tea, Aunt Elena and lady Andrews decided to stay in town. Amelia was meeting with her Friends and the three of them finally left Hannah  to her own devises. On days like this (raining) which was most days in england, Hannah had a strange rutine she would go for a walk. She was, like her parents, a writer  and nothing pleased her more then to go for a walk and get so out of the way the know would possibly find her and just sit and write. She headed to her favorite spot about ten minute from the cottage.

"hello love!" she heard, She looked to up see Klaus leaning against the wooden fence dividing the Field she was sat on from the next one. "hi" he said and looked back down at her note book. "most people wouldn't come out this soon after its been raining, yet alone walk through Fields" he said smirking. "can i help you Klaus?" Hannah asked looking up from her note book again to see he was only a few steps away. "would you believe me if i said i was lost?" he ask. "no" she replied bluntly. "why?" he persisted. "because i know for a fact the mansion is just over that hill" she pointed to the direction he came from, "besides you could just ask Amelia to give you a tour of the town, i'm sure she would be happy to oblige, shes easy like that" Hannah said feeling rather petty but not caring that much, why should she, she didn't even like Klaus.

Klaus Smirk only got bigger, "jealousy becomes you well love" he said. "i'm not jelouse" she answered, "anyway i should be going" she put her note book in her bag and picked her coat of the floor where she had been sat. "allow me to walk you back to town?" he offered. "nope" she said and climb over the fence in the opposite direction to his mansion and headed home just in time as it started to rain again.

****

Later that after noon Hannah was once more distracted from her book by Elena in hysterics, "John go get changed into something Presentable and you Hannah, we've got a guest coming for dinner!" she said rushing into the kitchen to whip something up. "who this time?" uncle jack said in a fed up voice, which isn't much different from his normal voice. "Klaus! i ran to him in town, he said he didn't get a change to meet you at the party last night so i said he should come around to night for dinner!" she said rummaging in a mad panic threw her recipe books, "he's such a nice man" she added. Hannah put her book down and sighed loud anough for her to hear then headed up to her room, she decided would change but not into anything more special then what she had been wearing all day, plain jeans and a long sleeved dark green shirt. Uncle jack had the same idea, swapping his blue polo for a grey one and some darker jeans. Aunt Elena was in a nice Sunday dress, the type that a church gower would probably wear.

Klaus arrived and said hello and introduced himself to Uncle jack, they sat in the front room talking about foot ball or something untill Hannah came down when Klaus stood up with a smirk outside of uncle jack's view "hello sweet heart" she said in his signature over Englishman way. "hi" she said and went into the kitchen to help Aunt Elena set the table. she was laying the plates in the dining room when he entered holding cutlery. "you know you were much more social last night when we were dancing, maybe i should get you drunk again" he said. " i wasn't drunk" she say, there was no way anyone could tell she was drunk, no one ever has since she was 16. "no love. you didn't look drunk, but you were, infact you were very talkative when you were dancing with me then again i do have a way of getting people to talk" he said a Smirk forming on his lips.

Aunt Elena Entered then holding holding a pot of whatever she had cooked up to impress him. " smells lovely Mrs Garrett" he says but he doesn't take his eyes of Hannah. She finish setting the table and sat down. Uncle john sat down at the head of the table Aunt sat oposite her and Klaus sat next to Hannah, this was going to be awkward.

Five minutes later and uncle jack had asked Klaus what he does for a living, he didn't strike her as the working type, this would at least get him on her side about him, Uncle jack hates idol people, weather your rich or not he believes everyone should have a occupation. "Well john, i don't really do any one thing, investments mainly and a few businesses that have been quite successful" my face dropped, this guy was unreal everyone just loves him. she sat in silence for most of the meal until Aunt Elena mentioned her "Hannah, used to live in york before she came home after the accident" she was telling Klaus about her. "really?" Klaus said, he had a look of amusement on his face but it was so subtle only she would have notice, there both to caught up in impressing him. "yes she was at university there" Aunt said. "what were you studying?" he asked her this time. "Journalism" she said. Both her parents were writers and she was more then happy to carry on the tradition but she didn't finish uni.

The enquiries on her stopped there and they talked about other things. When the meal was finished she helped clear the table and sat outside under the porch light reading in the summer night warmth, it had miserable all day but the weather was just clearing up and giving is some sun and warmth in the evening and night. "Hello again sweat heart" Klaus sat down next to her. "can i help you?" she ask looking up from my book. "don't you like me?" he asked. "not particular" she said being very blunt. "why not, i've been on good behavior!" he asks. "if i told you that would define the point in me not liking you. People who don't like each other normally don't talk" she says. "But you talk to lady Andrews and Her daughter" he said, she had no idea how he knew she didn't like them. "i like them" she lies. "don't lie your not very good at it besides i know you don't. you told last night" he said with a slightly less smirkish smile but still quite a proud and arrogant one.

I look at him and close my book "what else exactly did i tell you last night?" she asks, she didn't exactly want to know the answer but had a feeling she needed to if she was going to keep up with him. "just your feelings about, well everything. i have to admit dancing with you was a lot more interesting then any of the other girls there" he said, "and i completely agree" he adds, she gave him a confused look as she had no idea what he was talking about  "i detest small villages and towns two" he explains. "why are you hear then?" she asked. "i'm looking for something, or should i say some one" he said sparing the details. "wow, mysterious" she said sarcastically.