Chapter 3

Klaus left not long after they spoke last night. The next morning she went into the village to the unusually dead cafe and Collin served up her cappuccino. "ohh and before i forget" he rummaged threw so papers and handed her a familiar pink envelope, "she probably sent it here because she know how noisy Elena can be." he said and she opened it. Chelsea is her cousin and best Friend; her, Chelsea and Collin made up the terrible trio growing up, "what did she say?" Collin asked, she looked down at the letter. Chelsea all ways wrote unless it was an emergency then she would call, she was a bit old fashioned like that but they still loved her.

'Dear Hannah and Collin,

So i'll hit English sure by Thursday and i'll be straight up to see you, unfortunately i'll only stay a week :(

Don't tell mum and dad! i want to surprise them.

Love you

c x x x'

"Shes coming home in two days for a week!" she said and Collins face immediately lit up. Chelsea only ever comes home every six months or so, her travels have taken her all over the world; in recent weeks shes been touring America. "that's brilliant she'll be here in time for the party at Klaus's!" he said in a giddy voice, she smile and pretended that was as good a thing for her as it was for him. "i got to go Collin, i promised aunt Elena i would meet her and lady Andrews at the tea room" i said downing the last of my coffee. "good luck" he said as she was leaving.

****** 

Half an hour later she yet again found myself sat at a table with lady Andrews, Amelia and aunt Elena, "i tell you now Elena in the last few weeks i have seen at least six strangers about the village, all of them just as rude as the next" today's topic that Lady Andrews was moaning about was the stranger that have been around to village in the last few days, of course she hadn't don't the logical thing yet and linked them to Klaus. Amelia today was again wearing a scarf covering her neck, her and Klaus must have been having some fun, she seemed a bit dazed and tiered, she even looked a bit pale; Hannah's guess was that she was hung over amounts other things.

she sat and didn't say much other then the odd 'yes' or nodded her head. "so apparently the whole force is out looking for evidence..." apart of the conversation Hannah had long since tuned out of caught her attention. "there saying its an animal attack" Aunt Elena added, Amelia fidgeted in her chair. "evidence for what?" Hannah asked Lady Andrews. "oh goodness dear don't you read the Alderberry times?" she said, Hannah shook her head "Tisha Evan's body was discovered last night out on Hettle hill" he said. Tisha Evans was a depressed widow that only left her house at night to walk her dog, she never attend party's and Hannah had only met her twice, "how sad" Hannah said, "do they know how it happened?"She looked To lady Andrews. "an animal attack apparently" She answered, Hannah notice Amelia looking uncomfortable and got a feeling in her gut it wasn't an animal.

*****

The news of Tisha death spread fast, there hadn't been such a brutal death in over a year since Hannah's parents died. everyone was wearing black by the end of the day, not that any of them knew her in fact Hannah had heard many people in town talking about her behind her back, how she had a toy boy from the next village over that used to some around every Thursday for sex. But it gave them all an excuse to act sad and caring to in three-four days time she could guarantee they would all be there and that her aunt would drag her along to.

She left her Aunt in the village later that afternoon and home. When she turned onto the road that lead to her house she saw someone in the distance heading towards her, stumbling weakly and walking very slowly. the closer she got the more she recognised her features. as she reached her house so did Amelia who tried to walk past her looking fine but all most fell "whats wrong" Hannah asked trying to stabilise her. she looked worse then earlier and paler, Hannah looked at the direction she was coming from. Klaus's mansion. Amelia could hardly keep her eyes open and she look so pale. "i'm going to get you to doctor Anton" she said putting her arm around her and into the the drive of the cottage where her uncles car was parked, she placed Amelia in the passenger seat and ran into the hall way to grabs the keys. "Uncle Jack i'm borrowing the car its an emergency!" she called to him but didn't give him time to reply.