Chapter 22

During conversation Natasha told Jane that venue is brilliant it has ample space and lighting and that Gala will be a huge success. I am absently looking out of the window to the lush green garden and beautiful flowers.

"What do you think Ariana?" Jane asked me softly.

I just shrugged and said "I think this hall is beautiful and as Natasha pointed out correctly that it has ample space for all the 200 guests but I was thinking more about using the garden and its natural beauty."

By the look on Natasha's face she was not expecting me to give me opinion and that too a complete opposite of her suggestion. After all I was a mere PA.

"I agree" exclaimed Jane "such a brilliant idea. It will be totally different from our previous Galas."

"Let's finalize this venue but take garden instead of hall. We have clear skies this time of year and definitely we can utilize some freshness. We can held the auction outside by constructing a make shift stage."

With venue finally booked we brainstormed other ideas but Natasha kept on giving me stares in between. My mind was full of ideas. In Asterland I used to organise the annual feast and had a lot of fun doing it. We decided on caterers and band and sitting arrangements and other things.

Next few weeks were busy with all the decorations and arrangements. Natasha was in charge of auctioning items to collect more money. As most of the work is finished with one week to go Jane informed me that rest she can handle herself and I am free from Gala's duty and can resume my work with Nathan.

I was dreading this. How I am supposed to walk back after avoiding him and push that image of him kissing me from my mind. Even after almost two months the memory was still fresh.